Anyone have any experience with kicker audio?

Bret2002

was thinking about installing a kicker 10 inch to augment the rest of my system. as being new to the sub game i was wondering in general how does kicker stack up versus jbl or jl and the likes??? thanks

kicker is one of the best subs u can by for a cheap price, my friend had 2 12'' kickers, got them dirt cheap and they were sick.

Well...IMO I would just go with a JL 10W7...they can be had fairly easily for around the $150 range...

Well...IMO I would just go with a JL 10W7...they can be had fairly easily for around the $150 range...

More like the 400-500 dollar range... Dude where do you get your audio stuff cuz I need to find this place.

More like the 400-500 dollar range... Dude where do you get your audio stuff cuz I need to find this place.

I get all my audio used, open box, stock up on going out of business sales...I know of two 10W7's in the $150 range right now as well as a 12W7 in $230 range...

i was just looking for a balance in my system with a lil bump haha. I was thinking about getting two jbl grand touring 8" in a sealed box. i heard they were a good sub and i thought two would be anough bump and have quality sound as well but then i found a package kicker deal that had a 10 in a ported box with an amp for 299 that looked tempting just from an economical standpoint ( im a college student, gotta have my beer money). Any opinions on either one?

Yes generally 1 10" is best for audio quality however if that is your only goal then spend some money and get like JL or Image Dynamics.

As an installer and someone who has been actively involved in car audio for over 10 years, here is some advice. Everyone is going to push there own favorite brand at you and whatever you choose/like is wrong. As long as you are happy with whatever you have, it is a good sub. Kicker is a decent brand, although not as good as it used to be 10 yrs ago. That is also my opinion and others would prob disagree with me. As long as you stick with a reputable brand and make sure it is installed properly, you will be just fine. If you have the desire, get as good of equipment as you can afford, and don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something. I was told I couldn't put a sub in my headliner........guess what I did!

Attachments

• DSC04252.JPG
    DSC04252.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC04248.JPG
    DSC04248.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 96
I have a 15'' L7 with a 1450 Watt mono Kicker amp in my P5. I got the whole setup off craigslist for 600.00. And yea it hurts when you want it to! You could say overkill, one 10 L7 would be nice and punchy.

As an installer and someone who has been actively involved in car audio for over 10 years, here is some advice. Everyone is going to push there own favorite brand at you and whatever you choose/like is wrong. As long as you are happy with whatever you have, it is a good sub. Kicker is a decent brand, although not as good as it used to be 10 yrs ago. That is also my opinion and others would prob disagree with me. As long as you stick with a reputable brand and make sure it is installed properly, you will be just fine. If you have the desire, get as good of equipment as you can afford, and don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something. I was told I couldn't put a sub in my headliner........guess what I did!

Can't blame us if we like the product :) Though I have not heard an Image Dynamic sub but I have heard stellar things about them. I have heard JL W0 and they packed a pretty good bang. I had two 10s in a bandpass box and it was decent but ate up too much space for the boom. As to your installing of a sub in the headliner, I am giving you props for that, I am sure it would be awesome. However, I think it will make you more prone to audio theft so be careful.

Not all that worried about theft for two reasons: 1) Being an installer, imagine the creative alarm I have in there, 2) when was the last time you looked in the ceiling for a sub?

You must have a very creative alarm with a install like that. I am thinking electric shocking doors, missles, and a Chuck Norris. It is also true that I have never seen a sub in the headliner, but imagine my glee when I find a car with one. Just imagining the setup and the hundreds of dollars wrapped up in equipment... No I am not going to steal it.

You have a great idea and install though.

I actually cloned chuck and have two of him. One is in the spare tire well, the other one is hiding and I can't tell you where he is!(headbang)

I am sorry, I have to call you on your bluff. The universe can't stand the sheer awesomness of two Chuck Norrises. The universe would implode on itself.

Back