anyone else have this issue w/ Injen CAI

pcpower

i've been getting this slight squeaking sound from under the hood ever since my buddy and I installed an Injen CAI. the general concensus was that there was some rubbing between the wire harness and CAI, causing that squeaking / scratching sound.

lately the sound became much more audible and I was getting concerned it might be a larger issue. just got back from the mechanic's and it turns out the 'm6 vibramount' (that is what its called in the instruction guide, basically a rubber bushing though) had pretty much broken. the metal piece through the inside of the rubber bushing had come off, the adhesive holding it on had basically failed.

anyhow it was a quick fix but I wouldn't have expected a brand new Injen part to have a defect,,, anyone else run into this?

overall still very happy w/ the product despite this issue.

Happened on my AEM intake for my Focus once, was a real b**** trying to find a replacement.

I hear ya,, good thing my mechanic was feeling creative,, he found a rubber bushing around the shop and then got a metal stud through it somehow.

Back