Anyone Else Got A Hard-On For Forza 2?

I wasn't overly fond of the first Forza, but it had the MSP in it, so I still put lots of hours into it. I'll get Forza 2, but I'm still not overly impressed. It looks like Forza 2.0; the car models still have a plasticky look and lack detail (I think it's because of the "lighting"...). Hopefully the physics have improved...

Last edited:
I think I need to pickup a XBOX 360 now. I've been on the fence on what system to buy. PS3 or 360?

Wow I cant wait, but guess what?

I just sent my 360 back for the second time because of 3 red lights error, and it cost me $140 this time cause its out of warranty, piss me off, stupid microcrap, lol.

So I started my WoW account again until I get it back and Forza gets here:)

I was excited about this game, but after seeing the car list, I'm a little less impressed. Sure there are lots of them, but honestly there are not enough everyday type cars in the game to drive. When I'd play forza 1, my father would take his accord v6 coupe with the a-spec package on it...same as his real car, and I'd take my MSP. While the MSP is still there, no MS3, MS6, no accords at all, just the usual evo/sti/lambo/ferrari etc cars again that are in every damn game.

Newf said:
I was excited about this game, but after seeing the car list, I'm a little less impressed. Sure there are lots of them, but honestly there are not enough everyday type cars in the game to drive. When I'd play forza 1, my father would take his accord v6 coupe with the a-spec package on it...same as his real car, and I'd take my MSP. While the MSP is still there, no MS3, MS6, no accords at all, just the usual evo/sti/lambo/ferrari etc cars again that are in every damn game.
I totally agree, I was so excited to hear Scion was going to have cars in the game and then they didn't even put the xB in it!! I mean a large amount of video game players are younger and since the xB is a very popular younger age driver car you'd think they'd have it in the game. They should also have included many other cars as well, like the NA supra MKIV, Mazda6, Mazda3, you know more of the non-performance cars that people actually own!

I just saw the car list.. I'm in absolute awe.. I hate xbox but this might make me get it.

I know I have a real MS6 in the driveway and all, so I can experience the real deal any time I want. But the thing that I liked about Forza was to get in my own car, which at the time was the MSP, and mod it like nuts and just try to beat faster cars. I thought it was fun.

Now, I can't even take a Mazda6. Even NFS:Carbon had the MS3 in it. Actually, most of all my previous cars aren't even in the list at all. I smell a Downloadable content pack to screw us over again scenario.

Oh, and don't expect graphics like those pictures above in the final game. I mean it looks good, but those pics have an enourmous amount of AA that the final game doesn't have so it has much more jaggies.

Last edited:
Newf, if you want to see graphics check the replay video. They are VERY similar to the pictures.

Also, there is a Mazda Axela ( basically a 3 )... but i agree with you, the list is missing stuff. I'm pissed about not having enough BMW's. But the thing is, no one is ever going to be happy. GT4 had 700 cars, and people still complained.

Also, there WILL be downloadable content, lets hope SOME is free...

Last edited:
i've seen the replay, it looks great, but it does have jaggies, and those screenshots don't. They were very early screenshots with high hopes or maybe a photomode. I'm still pumped for this game, and very tempted to get the wheel. But, I'm in the middle of selling and buying a new home so that might not happen.

i don't know if its my internet connection or microsoft but its d/l'ing at like 5 k/s... Demo is 700 meg so it should take a while.

ok here are my first impressions..

The scenary looks really amazing but the car graphics aren't as nice as the video replays i've downloaded. The car models are a bit too shiny and lack anti aliasing?? The replay's car models look a bit better ( altough replay lacks camera angles but i'm guessing its only because its a demo ) The framerate is awesome when playing tough !!

Other than that, wow. The realism is awesome. I loved the handling even with a bad controller. The damage on the cars is nice ( its only cosmetic in the demo ) I did a head on collision and it was one scary crash. The car was shorter and lacking parts :)

I've read ( from ppl that tried the demo on fm.net ) that the wheel is 100 times better than in PGR3. I'm thinking of buying one now because locking the brakes with the controller is way too easy!

All in all, i will be playing this game for sure and i'm guessing a wheel is a must for live competition!

Last edited:
i just played the demo for a few minutes before i went to work, so I only have a few observations. yeah, the cars look a bit too shiny.

i hope the replay is tweaked a little. i had to "guess" which camera angle would be like a tv broadcast (switching angles automatically). small annoyance, but still there.

but other than that, it's pretty good. i can't wait to get the full version. maybe i can swing the steering wheel for a father's day gift.

I have been playing it for a few hours now to really get a feel for it. IMHO I love the game! The physics are amazing, each car handles totally different and actually do what they are suppose to. The damage is also pretty good although I spent ten minutes just smashing cars at high speed and I couldnt get the front bumper off. The audio is absolutely amazing as well, the cars actually sound like the real car. The ZO6 sounds just like the real thing as well as the rest of the cars but the vette just really impressed me. All in all, I am very impressed with the game. The only thing they should fix is take about three coats of wax off the cars, they are track cars not show cars!! They should have also made the spectators move or freak out when you hit the wall in front of them like in PGR3.

When I get home today, Im going to get my steering wheel out and try it.

Last edited:
Back