Any barefooters on the forum? Barefoot Lifestyle

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
I've been barefoot about 70% of the time for the last couple of years, and loving it. More and more research is pointing to the fact that being barefoot is healthier for us, and that shoes are causing a lot of preventable issues. I've had a couple of threads in the past about barefoot running, and the Vibram Fivefinger Shoes, but nothing pertatining to the lifestyle, and misconceptions about going barefoot.

Anyone else enjoying the benefits of being barefoot?

I have overly sensitive feet from not being barefoot often enough. I love the idea of barefoot running and am interested in trying it sometime.

Do you have a job that allows you to be barefoot? What do your coworkers think of it?

If you take the expression "putting your feet to the metal" WAY too literally...you might be a redneck. (bolt)

Last edited:
LOL! I actually work an I.T. job, but wear my Vibram Five Fingers to work. After work, the first thing I do once I reach the parking garage is to take off my shoes!

i've been reading about it, too. i love being barefoot and those fivefinger shoes seem like a good way for me to avoid dirty feet.

The dirty feet won't hurt you. Just come home and wash them. Hell, bacteria grow in your sweaty, dark and damp shoes. As a bonus, your feet get weak, develop bunions, and get shaped like a shoe!

For all you folks who love flip-flops check this out: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32453516

Last edited:
The dirty feet won't hurt you. Just come home and wash them. Hell, bacteria grow in your sweaty, dark and damp shoes. As a bonus, your feet get week, develop bunions, and get shaped like a shoe!

I thought the shoe has the basic shape of a foot.

Shoes are off soon as i get home and sandles all summer.

PS i think ya mean weak not week..........

Latest adventures...

Attachments

• DSCF8157.JPG
    DSCF8157.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCF7422.JPG
    DSCF7422.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 189
  • DSCF7423.JPG
    DSCF7423.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 193
The other day I was in Baltimore, Maryland with my family. I was able to spend whole days without shoes!

OMG, I received this book yesterday, and all I can say is that it is an amazing read!! Daniel Howell, PhD, breaks down what shoes are doing to us, and dispels many of the myths people spout off when they think of being barefoot. He also uses facts and common sense parallels to illustrate his points, and makes it so easy... to understand why barefoot (in most cases) is better.

The Barefoot Book: 50 Great Reasons To Kick Off Your Shoes

518DzXINhRL._SS500_.jpg

Back