AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - Greece

Well, would not surprise me .. the differences between engines are minimal, but it really feels much more torque at low revs ...

as I said, were other reasons for the swap, and I have done very well

106 WHP (more less 125-130 BHP)

it hurts that I did not dyno measured the torque, but soon after some modifications to the admission, remount the dyno

Well, would not surprise me .. the differences between engines are minimal, but it really feels much more torque at low revs ...
It should be cause the 100cc more and i believed that was more powerful than the 1.5l but when saw the numbers on the dyno i was confused and surprised.

as I said, were other reasons for the swap, and I have done very well
No argue with that. We just discuss.

Anyway,

To my country came the Mazda 3 1.6 but with the FD 3.8
Thats interesting cause from the research that i did when i was looking for the tranny, i didnt find any mentions for 3.8 fgr in other regions and the new mazda 3(mkii) also has the 4.38fgr but with longer 5th gear.(for the EU market)

hahaha, no, the idea is that, share information and experience, we can help each other the benefit of our MZ2

I am very interested to change or modify my tranny, I am researching the differences between f35m-r found in my area, searching the 4.38 fd

the demio jdm 1.3 what tranny had brought?

The 1.3 has 3.8

The differences between the trannys inside are the rack(which is on the differential) and pinion with the counter shaft.

its not worth to interchange the parts to your tranny cause you must change and the counter shaft(the secondary shaft in the tranny).
The best and safer option is to find the hole trany.

Finally i got the ecu to be reflashed

next installed an oil catch can

img20111102165430.jpg

and also the airbox got the f*ck out of the bay (fuoops) (the photo is when i did a test fit before i make a mounting bracket).

img20111214145057.jpg

+ bonus photos from cleaning the intake before installing the catch can

dscn2169l.jpg

snc00424t.jpg

I want a bomper like your.
My intercooler doesnt fit behind the grill :(

I went to the dealer, but say they can not bring to Panama the front bumper, because any car that was sold here come with that defense. and they place orders using the VIN number

24449340017_large.jpg

Hey Luis, how are you doing? :)

Keep in your mind that my intercooler is smaller than yours. it is 550x140x65mm.

If you buy the sport bumper you must buy also the grill and the plastics that rounding the fog lights.

Last time i checked (6 months ago), the grill and the plastics of the sport bumper here in Greece cost nearly 300euro(380$). I dont remember how much the bumper costs.
Its an expensive fit :(.

Did you search on ebay?

so hw much is this 2MPS project costing? im so interested in this buuuut its money im not able to splash out with haha, ive sourced a few places that could build a custom manifold but i have no clue with turbos and all that goes with it, prefer to buy a turbo'd car from OEM and then make it bigger haha

Chris

so hw much is this 2MPS project costing? im so interested in this buuuut its money im not able to splash out with haha, ive sourced a few places that could build a custom manifold but i have no clue with turbos and all that goes with it, prefer to buy a turbo'd car from OEM and then make it bigger haha

Chris

Every mod on the car is going to be custom made by me and a friend of mine(i.e the manifold) so the cost would be low.

battery relocation @ boot/trunk to free up some space in the bay for the piping.

dsc00415q.jpg

Some updates.

Installed an e-manage ultimate that i found very very cheap.I was able to get it for 250 with the harness and the map sensor.

dsc00555ck.jpg

Then i managed to enable the launch control. This is a video of the first try. I need to configure it a little better. The hard part was to find the vss...

finally i painted the MX5 rims to matte black that i wanted to do over a year ago.

dsc00592ty.jpg

dsc00594a.jpg

dsc00599g.jpg

Back