AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - Greece

outlaw... with all the money you have put into your msp... you could have bought a mazda2, turbod it, and started looking for CF parts by now!

update!

Bought a set of MX5 NB F/l rims for track use(mostly)
dscn1836s.jpg

And repaint the stock ones

dscn1943h.jpg

dscn1944.jpg

dscn1952.jpg

dscn1954o.jpg

a new upgrade to the powertrain was made.

Gearbox from Mazda3 MK1 1.3/1.6cc. The gearbox case,mounting etc is identical to the 2 gearbox but it has shorter FGR(Final Gear Ratio) from 4.105 that is the stock to 4.388 and the fifth gear that is 0.820 while the stock is 0.775.

dscn2099y.jpg

5th gear.Dashhawk shows the actual speed. The false of the dashboard it is not due to the gearbox. The same fault was with the stock transmission and i dont know why mazda did this, cause the dashhawk reads from the ECU the speed.

gearboxn.jpg

Thanx guys.
Some impressions after the upgrade.
The car with 3rd gear(and up) has huge difference as is much more willing to rev from the lower rpms.With 1st gear you cant easily spot any difference and on 2nd is noticeable. The biggest difference is with the clima@full and driving in the city with traffic.
The consumption in the city is reduced and on the highway is slightly increased. So the combined consumption is reduced by 0.1-0.2

I think my tranny is the F35M-R with FD 4.1, which is what you put into your MZ2?

my english y so bad... sorry (sad1)

The year doesn't matter. All the MZ3's MK1 1.3/1.6l have the same tranny.
For the region, i dont know. In the US market i think the 1.3+1.6 was never sold.
In the EU+JDM market was on sale for sure and i dont know for any other markets :(

To my country came the Mazda 3 1.6 but with the FD 3.8, that is the engine that got swap into my car, but with the tranny Mazda2 (4.1 FD)... i'm very interested in a FD 4.38

To my country came the Mazda 3 1.6 but with the FD 3.8, that is the engine that got swap into my car, but with the tranny Mazda2 (4.1 FD)... i'm very interested in a FD 4.38

You had 1.5 and you swapped with 1.6 ?

Why did you do that ?

1.5 + 1.6 produces the same hp and torque with exact the same curves on the dyno.

more hp and torque on papers.

When i put my car on a dyno and was bone stock, there was also a mz3 1.6. We had the same hp and the same torque with the same power and torque curves.

Back