AN7's Mazda 2 1.5 Sport - Greece

Hi Konstaninos, sorry what happened to your engine
At the moment that your engine is in these conditions, I would like to ask a favor
to take different measures in order to investigate connectig rods and pistons which we can use
- Volume of combustion chamber CC
- Piston height, taking the measurement from the center of the piston pin to the top
- Head Gasket thickness
- Deck height, taking the measurement from the center of the crank to the top of the block

I would appreciate if you can get this information

I haven't forget you. When i got the time I will take the measures that you want :)

1st batch.....

30cd.jpg

Waiting for the pistons....

It was exactly for this is that I wanted the measures.
my idea is use forged con rods for FS. are the same that use the mazda3 1.6 (z6 engine) but i cant find what pistons can we use whitout lose so much compression

It was exactly for this is that I wanted the measures.
my idea is use forged con rods for FS. are the same that use the mazda3 1.6 (z6 engine) but i cant find what pistons can we use whitout lose so much compression

;)

I bought a Z6 engine instead of the ZY (it was also cheaper) ;)

I found out that the Z6 was using the FS rods back in 2008 when I was fooling around with the Mazda EPC.
The interesting thing is that there is also a longer variant of H beam rods for the FS(137mm vs 135mm of the stock FS rod) but still there is a difference of 1mm.

The rod broke due to the torgue. If there was a problem with the CR the first thing to have a problem should be the piston.

No, the gasket was fine.

no the rod broke due to cylinder pressure. The pressure was not too much but at the wrong time in the cycle. This is very common on the mzr with aftermarket turbos. Short explanation is detonation. How can you tell? Simple, look at the tweak in the rid from #4

For the last time, there was no detonation. The pistons were clear with no signs of detonation.
Why is this the second time that I am explaining this?

And just to inform you, aluminum bits of the piston #3 were found in all the other cylinders. That you can't see it because I've cleaned them before I took the picture.

So, don't try to be a smart ass from a picture that you actually can't see anything.

Last edited:
those are some pretty pistons! do the the heads have "up" printed on them?...that would be a hell of a mistake to goof that up.

Back