Am i in correct sub forum?

audiopipe77

:
06' MAZDA6 S 3.0 HB
COULDN'T SEEM TO SEE A SUB FORUM JUST FOR MAZDA 6 HB 3.0 2006. IS THERE A SUB FORUM JUST FOR MY CAR OR NO??

AND i'M LOOKING TO DO A ECM UPGRADE OF SOME KIND ( LIKE THE UNICHIP MAYBE) WILL THAT WORK ON MY MODEL AND IF SO HOW MUCH HP WILL IT GIVE ME.

I THINK ITS 220 STOCK?? WOULD A UPGRADE LIKE THAT GET ME AT LEAST 300HP. i HAVE A COLD AIR INTAKE AND SMALL EXHAUST WORK DONE.

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS
BLUE--6

A pic

I HAVE MISPLACE ALL MY PICS OF MY CAR SINCE i DONE SOME MODS TO IT.....SORRY.

i WILL BE TAKING MORE IN THE MORNING TO POST BACK ON HERE...

THANKS BLUE--6

Attachments

• mazda6-3.jpg
    mazda6-3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 142
with only bolt ons like exhaust and intake, adding a chip to the car will help you out with gaining some power but it wont put you up to 300whp...that would be a bigger investment to reach that

More hp???

THANKS.....DO YOU KNOW BOUT HOW MUCH THOSE ECM UPGRADES USUALLY GAIN....

I WAS IGNORANT TO ONE OF THE LITTLE RESISTORS THAT YOU PUT ON THE MAF AND BELIEVED THE WEBSITE THAT IT WAS GOING TO GIVE ME 4-15 HP........YA QUACK....IT DIDN'T DO CRAP.

NOW ITS HARD FOR ME TO BELIEVE WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DON'T THOUGHT I WOULD GET ON A MAZDA FORUM AND FIND ANSWERS. FIGURED IT WAS THE BEST WAY.

YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR ME.

DO YOU KNOW IF THE MAZDA 6 I HAVE IS THE ONE WITH THE 220HP STOCK ENGINE?(crazy)

if you have the 3.0 v6 it runs 220 hp but that is at the crank, it is only pushing about 170-180 hp to the wheels, for a tune im not sure how much power they will give you and im not sure what brands are out there for the v6 versions either, just try doing a goole search for ecu plug and play options but try to stay with well known brands such as cp-e, hypertech, dont think cobb does anything for the v6, any others with input?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

Sorry couldn't help but quote it. =]

Throw some turbos in that b**** if you wanna hit 300 WHP.

OR just get a speed6 and it won't be quite as hard.

WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yea good luck hitting 300...

the guy on here with the twin turbo 6 just barely broke the 300 mark. he did 305hp at 6.5psi. so yea good luck. its going to take alot to hit 300 considering your only probably making like 185 or less to the wheels right now.

hps??

so how much hp do you think adding a chip will give me.
besides the chip what can I do to gain ANY more hp.

i'm not rreally mechanically inclines :-(

thanks again

ok it goes like this.

Sure you can drop 200 dollars on a intake, another 600 or so for headers, maybe get a 600 dollar exhaust and gain what? like 30hp (probably not even that) if you continue buying bolt on's that only give you around 3hp each, by the time you spent all your money on those you could of gone the turbo root and be pushing way more than the 30 or so hp you gained. just something to think about.

Gaining significant power on the V6 3.0L is difficult. I used to own one and bought the MS6 because I wanted to be able to mod and have it actually make a difference. Getting to 300HP on the V6 and doing it RIGHT (ie. safely) is going to cost big bucks. The guy who's gone Twin Turbo (TheGreatNY) has dropped nearly $20K on his car, I believe, though some of that was on cosmetics. Still, to get 300HP (at the crank, much less the wheels) is going to be a very expensive, long-term project that you'll probably have to pay someone else to do, based on your own statement about your mechanical inclination.

Sorry, but it is what it is.

Oh, and no--there's no separate forum for hatchbacks.

great info...thanks..but

what do you know that i can do at all to the 3.0 to gain any horsepower at all?????

i straight piped it already and added a c/a filter....

your thoughts and opinions is appreciated..

thanks a million...

p.s.
at least maybe i can make her look good.

what do you know that i can do at all to the 3.0 to gain any horsepower at all?????

i straight piped it already and added a c/a filter....

your thoughts and opinions is appreciated..

thanks a million...

p.s.
at least maybe i can make her look good.

Exhaust mods on the 6 don't do much, since the factory exhaust is already pretty non-restrictive. Intake. Headers. And look for a real tuning solution -- don't know if there's one out there for a v6 6S or not...

Back