Alarm/Keyless Entry Turns on Parking Lights?!

healthynine

:
2003.5 Titanium Grey Metallic
So I've got this really screwed up problem that I can't figure out. When I turn off my car and lock the doors with my keyless entry, the parking lights turn on. If I lock the car by using the key, the parking lights turn on. The only way it works is if I just use the power lock button on the inside, or just lock it by pushing down the lock. And when the lights are on, I have to turn the car on, and then off again. Its really annoying. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew what was up with that. Thanks.

Look at the sticky on the mazdaspeed section

<HR>Issue: Alarm Keeps Parking Lights On When Activated.

<HR>What: When you set the alarm with the remote, the parking lights & tail lights stay on. Can and will cause the battery to die if you don't notice or get it fixed.

Why: The alarm control module is defective

How To Fix: Return to dealer and have it replaced under warranty. Be prepared to wait a long time, however, as these parts were/are on national backorder. Until then, you just have to lock the doors inside & not use the alarm. There is a way to remove the alarm completely, however, this is a public forum and it would be stupid to tell people how. Consult your local audio professionals if you choose to remove the alarm until the new unit gets in.

TSB/M-Tip: Not available.

Back