Buzzing Sound when car is off and Key Not Registering to even turn on (2013 CX-5)

I am stumped. I have a 2013 CX5. Has shown no signs of isses, and yesterday when coming home my check engine light came on. When I parked there was an agressive clicking and buzzing sound after the car was turned off that went on for a few minutes. I was able to turn it on again. Later that night, I couldnt. There was still a buzzing sound. My key fob will not register inside the cabin or to lock or unlock doors. (The car itself wont let me lock the doors if the battery is hooked up.) I messed with a bunch. Left it sitting overnight with no battery. In the morning, I hooked it back up. Registered the keys and started. Ran it. No issues. It started buzzing again. Now the keys wont register again, and the security's light is still flashing. The push start is amber flashing. I am stumped.

I changed the battery. Changed the key fob batteries. Checked fuses.

Attached video for sound its making

Attachments

• 386920632_23944418308506335_6099508222967905532_n.mp4
    1.7 MB
I'd suspect it's a relay going bad that powers your PCM. That's what you likely hear buzzing. Should be a pretty simple DIY fix to replace the relay (similar to replacing a fuse).

Someone should be along soon with a schematic of the fuse box under the hood with the location of the relay and part number 👍.

Upvote 0
I am stumped. I have a 2013 CX5. Has shown no signs of isses, and yesterday when coming home my check engine light came on. When I parked there was an agressive clicking and buzzing sound after the car was turned off that went on for a few minutes. I was able to turn it on again. Later that night, I couldnt. There was still a buzzing sound. My key fob will not register inside the cabin or to lock or unlock doors. (The car itself wont let me lock the doors if the battery is hooked up.) I messed with a bunch. Left it sitting overnight with no battery. In the morning, I hooked it back up. Registered the keys and started. Ran it. No issues. It started buzzing again. Now the keys wont register again, and the security's light is still flashing. The push start is amber flashing. I am stumped.

I changed the battery. Changed the key fob batteries. Checked fuses.

Attached video for sound its making
Here it is - based on the sound I hear and the location you are showing:
1. Throttle Body Buzzing!?!
2. Subaru WRX DBW Throttle Body Buzzing

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back