AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

hehe ok yes you are running VERY VERY rich....it seems like you never actually uploaded the newer map. To correctly upload a map to the afc you need to open the file you wish to upload. For example if you downloaded a map named 440lcruz, you'll need to first open the r4 sofware go to the file dropdown, select open and then find/select the 440lcruz file. ONce you have done this click connect to ecu and goto the drop down menu at the top and select map a. Now at the top left corner of the "excel" sheet will be 2 buttons, one to download the current map and one to upload the new map to the ecu...you want to write map to ecu...this will take a few minutes depending on the speed of your connection. ONce this is done then click the disconnect from ecu button and close the software...

Thanks, I did it now and the car is running better. Still very ruff in spots though. I think my boost gauge is broken.? Thanks for responding though, that`s somethin I kind of NEEDED TO KNOW. AHH! Go to view, fuel maps, then write to ecu button at top left.

DSMConvert said:
hehe ok yes you are running VERY VERY rich....it seems like you never actually uploaded the newer map. To correctly upload a map to the afc you need to open the file you wish to upload. For example if you downloaded a map named 440lcruz, you'll need to first open the r4 sofware go to the file dropdown, select open and then find/select the 440lcruz file. ONce you have done this click connect to ecu and goto the drop down menu at the top and select map a. Now at the top left corner of the "excel" sheet will be 2 buttons, one to download the current map and one to upload the new map to the ecu...you want to write map to ecu...this will take a few minutes depending on the speed of your connection. ONce this is done then click the disconnect from ecu button and close the software...

glad you got your solution. Sorry for not replying sooner to your pm. I was out this past weekend with that Rota (sp?) stomach Virus. I lost like 10 lbs in 12 hours; it *sucked*. Better now, but wasn't on here for a few days b/c of that.

update on mine, im now running a gt28rs turbo and corksport downpipe, and suprisingly i'm running basically the same afr using my same map. this is running where from 7psi to 11psi.

kicker22705 said:
update on mine, im now running a gt28rs turbo and corksport downpipe, and suprisingly i'm running basically the same afr using my same map. this is running where from 7psi to 11psi.
Nice setup... Dyno? Is that on the stock motor?

leev that original MAP in the library if kicker is gonna put up a new (which would be good for the library also).

lcruz64 said:
Nice setup... Dyno? Is that on the stock motor?

Afc Map

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with what map to use. I have a fmic,downpipe,3"catback,cai. mbc9-10psi,hardpipes,hks sqv,stcok d.v,. Please anyone just help me out because i got the unit used and it looks like that person had his own map cause im backfiring like crazy. Also need help on how to retrive the map. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cool... I need that info too. I have mine sitting in my back seat, haven't had a chance to install it yet.

How was the install? Any "gotcha's"?

Spicymazda0323 said:
Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with what map to use. I have a fmic,downpipe,3"catback,cai. mbc9-10psi,hardpipes,hks sqv,stcok d.v,. Please anyone just help me out because i got the unit used and it looks like that person had his own map cause im backfiring like crazy. Also need help on how to retrive the map. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spicy,
I would suggest downloading one of the fmic maps on the first page. our website, www.airflowlogistics.com, has instructions on installation and software use in pdf format. If you have any problems feel free to shoot me an email.

What vacuum source are you going to use? And, feeding the vacuum hose through the firewall is a pain...

ONRAILS said:
Cool... I need that info too. I have mine sitting in my back seat, haven't had a chance to install it yet.

How was the install? Any "gotcha's"?

Any suggestions on what map i should use? I currently have a MAM FMIC, MAM manifold, CS s-pipe connected to a vibrant exhaust. I also relocated my MAF. I am boosting at 8psi. I am running the super stock map right now because my car runs better with it than it did with the FMIC map. I havent the chance to get dynoed yet, so i was wondering what map i should use till then. Thanks

I guess I should use the brake vacuum source, or that's what was suggested to me.

protegeric said:
What vacuum source are you going to use? And, feeding the vacuum hose through the firewall is a pain...

i think i need to use the brake vacuum source to cus i have to many things spliced off my manifold.

Read about the MAP genius made. He syno tuned his and has a MAF relocation. Sounds pretty good for you. You found the thread, but: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123622210

31R said:
Any suggestions on what map i should use? I currently have a MAM FMIC, MAM manifold, CS s-pipe connected to a vibrant exhaust. I also relocated my MAF. I am boosting at 8psi. I am running the super stock map right now because my car runs better with it than it did with the FMIC map. I havent the chance to get dynoed yet, so i was wondering what map i should use till then. Thanks

MAM sells a vacuum block for the brake vacuum line, it`s coo. Would work good for you now and adding stuff in the future. Just somehtin to think about... Not necessary. Just a note, MAM takes a long time to get things to you. I used a different one, but sounds good.

ONRAILS said:
I guess I should use the brake vacuum source, or that's what was suggested to me.

Last edited:
Could someone post a pic of those wire taps that come with the unit? For some reason, mine did not, and I need to run to home depot or where ever to pick them up. But I don't know what they look like.

Thanks,
Dave

ONRAILS said:
Could someone post a pic of those wire taps that come with the unit? For some reason, mine did not, and I need to run to home depot or where ever to pick them up. But I don't know what they look like.

Thanks,
Dave
http://froogle.google.com/froogle_c...8970149&btnG=Search+Froogle&scoring=mrd&hl=en

Only make sure you get the correct gauge. At HomeDepot, you want the RED ones, not the Blue ones. I used the same vacuum line that goes to my boost gauge, tapped off the manifold. Works just fine.

Just use butt connectors or whatever. Pretty small ones would be good. Get a good crimp. Or what livelyjay said.

ONRAILS said:

Thanks,
Dave

Back