AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

Dave Mac said:
I'm looking for a recommended map for my SS AFC with the following mods. Apex downpipe with HF cat, Greddy SP-2 Cat-back, Perrin SRI, NGK Iridium plugs and Magnecor plug wires. I have no idea what settings I need to be setting the AFC up with. The car currently has a Hallman Boost Controller which will be coming off shortly. (It was on the car when I bought it). I'm looking for better mid range and help with keeping the car breathing in the upper rpm range.

Dave Mac

the supermap is good for that. i believe the msp that was mapped originally w the supermap had only a CAI and Exhaust. so you are pretty similar w/ the mods.

kicker22705 said:
the supermap is good for that. i believe the msp that was mapped originally w the supermap had only a CAI and Exhaust. so you are pretty similar w/ the mods.

Thanks for the help! Wasn't sure what to do. I'll be picking up my usb to serial line tomorrow.

Dave Mac

correct; it's a DB9 data port connector (aka "RS-232" or "serial port"). Keep in mind when you are loading it in from computer to DSM unit that you can select which "comm port" you can communicate to it with in the R4 software which it ships with.

When I used my USB to DB-9 cable, I think I had to select com port 4 vs the default of "1.". Either way, I just went through the drop down menu that listed com ports 1-9 or whatever until it was communicating.

First, they aren't cheap so expect to pay $25-$30. I searched for this for a while and finally got a "Belkin" model "F5U109" which I know for a fact works (see link). The connection on the DB-9 side of that adapter cable are male pins, and I got just a cheap-o DB9 M-F cable like 10' long so I could do it from inside the car:
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...=517161&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd

Hope this help some of you.

tallrd said:
correct; it's a DB9 data port connector (aka "RS-232" or "serial port"). Keep in mind when you are loading it in from computer to DSM unit that you can select which "comm port" you can communicate to it with in the R4 software which it ships with.

When I used my USB to DB-9 cable, I think I had to select com port 4 vs the default of "1.". Either way, I just went through the drop down menu that listed com ports 1-9 or whatever until it was communicating.

First, they aren't cheap so expect to pay $25-$30. I searched for this for a while and finally got a "Belkin" model "F5U109" which I know for a fact works (see link). The connection on the DB-9 side of that adapter cable are male pins, and I got just a cheap-o DB9 M-F cable like 10' long so I could do it from inside the car:
http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...=517161&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd

nice avatar. teehee! i think i had mine FIRST!~

tallrd said:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?zipCode=53719&jspStoreDir=Staples&catalogId=10051&errorUrl=zipcode&krypto=mfxq1nTSMWh0shUQOLdqejr6zGQ2Y8NL&cm_mmc=Shopping.com-_-Shopping-_-ProductFeed-_-listing&ts=1140576940770&langId=-1&partNumber=517161&storeId=10001&ddkey=StaplesZipCodeAdd

I discovered that my laptop didn't have a serial port on the day at the dyno. FOrtunately there was a radio shack right next door that sold me a USB to serial and it worked great. But you do have to understand how to figure out which port it maps to.

For those still interested, i have been fine tuning my map the past couple weeks, and i recently just installed a walbro 255 fuel pump. I'll upload the map. after installing the fuel pump i decreased my values by 2% from 2psi-greatest. its running really nice. running right between 12.5-13.3 at WOT.

I might bring it to a local dyno meet tomorow depending on the crowd. i'll definetely upload my results, and i'll most likely hit up moroso next week on wednesday.

Attachments

• 440cc_injector_map22.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 444
Blue_Speed said:
For those still interested, i have been fine tuning my map the past couple weeks, and i recently just installed a walbro 255 fuel pump. I'll upload the map. after installing the fuel pump i decreased my values by 2% from 2psi-greatest. its running really nice. running right between 12.5-13.3 at WOT.

I might bring it to a local dyno meet tomorow depending on the crowd. i'll definetely upload my results, and i'll most likely hit up moroso next week on wednesday.
Updated the first post to include the latest version.

Blue_Speed said:

local? i'm there, today?!?!?! WWWHERREE?!?!? i'm definately down for a local dyno day. at least to watch, i'm too broke to tune at the moment. still handed it to a black 350 yesterday untuned on pines.

I have one that I'll post soon. I modified the supermap for FMIC and it worked pretty well for my setup. I am using fudgie's map right now, but his only goes up to 8 or 8.5 psi. I'm bumping up to around 9.5 psi this weekend, so I'll either need to modify fudgies to go to higher boost levels, or modify mine to the levels I like. I may do some Excel work and combine the two maps to get to a level that I want. I'll keep everyone informed.

livelyjay said:
I have one that I'll post soon. I modified the supermap for FMIC and it worked pretty well for my setup. I am using fudgie's map right now, but his only goes up to 8 or 8.5 psi. I'm bumping up to around 9.5 psi this weekend, so I'll either need to modify fudgies to go to higher boost levels, or modify mine to the levels I like. I may do some Excel work and combine the two maps to get to a level that I want. I'll keep everyone informed.
Get injectors and bump it up to 14psi. (thumb)

Blue_Speed said:
saturday at around 9am. Lujan motorsports. pretty cheap prices: $40/3 pulls with a/f prinout. hit me up if you wanna go, i think i might go with a friend with an srt.
here's website: http://lujanmotorsports.com/

hey, have lujanmotorsports tuned cars with a dsm afc? I need to get mine tuned up let me know how it works out

need some help:
I loaded a MAP that I thot would be very close to what I need and the car would at least run OK. Well, this is what the car does; runs ok at low RPM, low/no boost. Then, when I get on it, the car bogs down and won`t go faster at all. It sputters and backfires. Way too rich? Also, when I open customer then connect to ECU does that load the map I just opened to the AFC? Then, do I click on disconnect from ECU or just close the R4 window or click close customer and the MAP stays on the AFC? What do I do to make sure the MAP that I`m trying to load stays on the AFC?
One more thing, I am now the unofficial gettin the damn connection to work expert. If you cannot figure out why you cannot establish a connection to your AFC, PM me. You need a DB9 cable BTW. http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...10051&langId=-1&productId=90680&cmArea=SEARCH

Last edited:
Back