AFC-SplitSecond PSC1 Map Library

well, except the AFC the car is bone stock for the moment... I had a turbo-problem last winter and all mods came off so my car would be inspected by my dealer... took them 6 weeks and 2 dealers to get a freakin hot-pipe replaced :(

But my final setup will be:
RR-Racing motor mounts inserts (really makes a difference on the shifts, no more tranny movements)
Injen CAI
CustomMSP smic v1.0
Custom hardpipes
Boostsciences reflex bypass valve
boost up (9.5psi - spring mod & colder plugs)
Custom 2.5" midpipe with hiflow cat and exhaust cutout (no police problems and power on a flip of a switch if needed...)
AND of course: DSM AFC for the final toutch to get all the ponies that setup can produce.

This is a sleeper setup, not a showoff one.

Sorry if I read it wrong but wouldnt your AFC void your warranty?

SpeedBeaver said:
well, except the AFC the car is bone stock for the moment... I had a turbo-problem last winter and all mods came off so my car would be inspected by my dealer... took them 6 weeks and 2 dealers to get a freakin hot-pipe replaced :(

But my final setup will be:
RR-Racing motor mounts inserts (really makes a difference on the shifts, no more tranny movements)
Injen CAI
CustomMSP smic v1.0
Custom hardpipes
Boostsciences reflex bypass valve
boost up (9.5psi - spring mod & colder plugs)
Custom 2.5" midpipe with hiflow cat and exhaust cutout (no police problems and power on a flip of a switch if needed...)
AND of course: DSM AFC for the final toutch to get all the ponies that setup can produce.

This is a sleeper setup, not a showoff one.

69RMSP said:
Sorry if I read it wrong but wouldnt your AFC void your warranty?
Not if they don't see it... (peep)

Anyways I installed it so It can be removed in about an hour or so... Not a big problem.

Wait are you serious? I was about to sell mine because i thought I would totaly void my warranty.

actully lol its to a guy in montreal aswell.. :)

hes on the toprotege boards.

SpeedBeaver said:

Anyways I installed it so It can be removed in about an hour or so... Not a big problem.

69RMSP said:
Wait are you serious? I was about to sell mine because i thought I would totaly void my warranty.

actully lol its to a guy in montreal aswell.. :)

hes on the toprotege boards.
Ok. Well, technically, YES modifying your ecu could void the guarantee but that is only if you get caught. I placed the wires and the AFC Itself so it's not visible unless you take the whole glovebox out (and you actualy would need a flashlight to see it too..)

Last edited:
Wana drive down to Toronto and install mine? :D

edit: If someone made this controller cold swipleable that would be amazing. I messaged DSM Convert about it 2 weeks ago but he never replied.

SpeedBeaver said:
Ok. Well, technically, YES modifying your ecu could void the guarantee but that is only if you get caught. I placed the wires and the AFC Itself so it's not visible unless you take the whole glovebox out (and you actualy would need a flashlight to see it too..)

Last edited:
69RMSP said:
Wana drive down to Toronto and install mine? :D

LOL, I'm actualy supposed to install my buddy's AFC in 2-3 weeks... It was fairly easy for mine to get the boost source since I already had my boost gauge in the center console (dual gauge faceplate). I just used a T-fitting to get it to the AFC.

But honestly, take your time, put some gloves to remove the ecu protective plate (cuts like hell), and just don't do it in a rush. My car started on the 1st try.

Cool...I currently have all your mods on my car except for the Hardpipes. With my AFC installed I should be close to 200WHP which is my goal.

(RTM)

Alright I cannot for the life of me get my damn computer to connect to my AFC. Attached is a pic of the usb to 9 pin connector i am trying to use and my laptop is running windows xp (the numbers on the connector read DX-UBDB9). I open up the R4 programmer window and use the com 3 port to connect and it counts down from 10 supposedly trying to connect then says that the connection was failed and pops up w/ a retry or cancel option. any idea what the problem could be? I've been searching the forums but can't come up with anything. thanks

Attachments

• db9.jpg
    db9.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 403
u probably need a driver. go into ur control panel then click on system then on device manager. the cable needs to be working as a COM port and not as some misc. device. if ur cable came with a CD or software, upload it. if not, check the manufacturers website. u can also try EVERY COM port.

Mazdaspeed989 said:
Alright I cannot for the life of me get my damn computer to connect to my AFC. Attached is a pic of the usb to 9 pin connector i am trying to use and my laptop is running windows xp (the numbers on the connector read DX-UBDB9). I open up the R4 programmer window and use the com 3 port to connect and it counts down from 10 supposedly trying to connect then says that the connection was failed and pops up w/ a retry or cancel option. any idea what the problem could be? I've been searching the forums but can't come up with anything. thanks

I can remove/reinstall mine in about 45 seconds...

SpeedBeaver said:

Attachments

• Plugs use.jpg
    Plugs use.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 498
protegeric you are the man, i needed the driver. installed it and i'm connecting no problem now. thanks for the help

protegeric said:
I can remove/reinstall mine in about 45 seconds...
Nice work, I was thinking of doing the same but I couldn't find the appropriate connectors and I was to eager to install my afc. But this really is a clean way to install it.

It was a bit of a pain to make the wiring harness, but worth it. The connectors are AMP brand connectors if you can find some place to order them, but Radio Shack has some stuff too. FYI: AMP makes the ECU harness and pretty much every single other connector on the car also. I`m glad you got your computer connected. When you try to upload the MAP, you have to connect to ECU then go to View at the top then Fuel MAPs and upload from there (button on the top left). Sweet, TIMMY!

protegeric said:
It was a bit of a pain to make the wiring harness, but worth it. The connectors are AMP brand connectors if you can find some place to order them, but Radio Shack has some stuff too. FYI: AMP makes the ECU harness and pretty much every single other connector on the car also. I`m glad you got your computer connected. When you try to upload the MAP, you have to connect to ECU then go to View at the top then Fuel MAPs and upload from there (button on the top left). Sweet, TIMMY!
Guys,

If you used the connectors provided with the AFC, can you actally see that something was tap there when you remove the unit?
I am asking because my MSP has the same old hesitation and since I cannot modify the engine compartment due to warranty issues, I was wondering if I could somehow hide the AFC to the diligent eye of Mazda.

T-taps technically sligltly cut the wire but if you can do it as close to the firewall as possible it might be really hard to see.

Sorry if you think that this doesn't belong here.

protegeric said:
I just use your link to see the ECU pinout and manual and it is funny because it will be so easy to build a custom monitoring system by using th info provided. they give you voltages for each fundamental parameter and all you need to do is run a simple daq system connected to a PDA or a simple microcontroller or processor and a LCD screen.
This thread is so cool.
Thanks guys.

SpeedBeaver said:
Nice work, I was thinking of doing the same but I couldn't find the appropriate connectors and I was to eager to install my afc. But this really is a clean way to install it.
bump

if u figure somethin out, let me know wat you figured out, as far as monitoring or etc. post it up. If you do install this some way or make a wiring harness or whatever and you dont want ur dealer to see it u could either A. put it behind the plate the ECU is mounted to or B. just tell em, oh I screwed up and I had to put the wires back together. "What ya gonna do b****? Fix my car or Eric will kill you!" I don`t know, both are worth a shot... I think theyll be ok and if u hide it, theyll never know anyway.

Fede_italiano said:
I just use your link to see the ECU pinout and manual and it is funny because it will be so easy to build a custom monitoring system by using th info provided. they give you voltages for each fundamental parameter and all you need to do is run a simple daq system connected to a PDA or a simple microcontroller or processor and a LCD screen.
This thread is so cool.
Thanks guys.

Back