AEM SRI SUCKS!!! Cheap product.(Pics)!!!!

just get the ebay cai (with rubber L joint) and put the k/n filter on :) i'd do that.

peace

AEM SRI does not suck

I figure the reason why AEM got mad and told you to get a "Ebay intake" is because like the vendors here on this site...It pisses them off highly that you don't support the people making aftermarket parts for your vehicle. Instead you goto Ebay...

Many manufacturers are pissed enough at Mazda as it is..I am not suprised AEM had an attitude (argh) , yet than again that's poor customer service.

J dragon said:
I figure the reason why AEM got mad and told you to get a "Ebay intake" is because like the vendors here on this site...It pisses them off highly that you don't support the people making aftermarket parts for your vehicle. Instead you goto Ebay...

Many manufacturers are pissed enough at Mazda as it is..I am not suprised AEM had an attitude (argh) , yet than again that's poor customer service.

ur stretching really far to give aem an excuse, he ordered an aem intake so he obviously supported the aftermarket. where he bought the part form is irrelevant.

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
turn the pipe on the filter side of the mp3 around so the filter end is into the maf and the filter is laced on the maf end, lay the filter where the coolant overflow tank should be.

Word , this helped alot.

<!--StartFragment --> That's right! After all these problems,i don't know a reason why i should support them anymore.All the stuff they wrote was all bulls***!!

Quote:<!--StartFragment --> Every AEM air induction system is individually tuned in length and diameter, and features the highest standards of construction we even guarantee them for the life of your vehicle. Every AEM air induction system is either C.A.R.B. exempt, or pending C.A.R.B. exemption (50-state legal).

Highest standard of construction?? That pipe didn't even last 2 days. As you can see in my pics, the finish is peeling already,and that's only 1 day of use.
I don't see how it's going last THRU THE LIFE OF YOUR VEHICLE.

Quote:<!--StartFragment --> Extensive temperature testing was performed to locate the filter in the coolest area of the engine compartment to achieve the lowest inlet temperatures possible

If that's the case,THEN why did TXmazdaspeeder had to MODIFIY the location of the filter to gain 14WHP??

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
ur stretching really far to give aem an excuse, he ordered an aem intake so he obviously supported the aftermarket. where he bought the part form is irrelevant.

TXMazdaSpeeder said:
turn the pipe on the filter side of the mp3 around so the filter end is into the maf and the filter is laced on the maf end, lay the filter where the coolant overflow tank should be.

Can i see a pic of this.

i have my aem for over 35,000 miles never any probs the only thing that happend was it rub against the anti freeze bottle holder and it rub some of the paint off but the intake is still shinny red

P9300004.jpg

mounting posisition

Funny my elbow piping from the MAF to the filter isn't that long....I don't think I can get mine to reach that far in the corner like that.

J dragon said:
Funny my elbow piping from the MAF to the filter isn't that long....I don't think I can get mine to reach that far in the corner like that.

flip it, put the filter side on the maf and vice versa

that's a cool idea, I wish I had heard about that before

but I'll be tearing out my intake in a few weeks anyway to make room for (sssh)

that's what I was gunna suggest. Turn the initial 90-degree elbow 180.

I have had zero problems from my Injen. I do like the little tab they created on top for the relay box.

Back