AEM SRI SUCKS!!! Cheap product.(Pics)!!!!

So i got this AEM SRI couple days ago.Got it installed that very same day.Right after the install,i noticed the Elbow shaped pipe is hitting the brake soleiold. I spended 3 hours trying to uninstall everything,and making fine ajustments,BUT still doesn't help at all.

Next day pop the hood trying to uninstall and send it back to AEM.Guess what? the cone filter has came OFF.Upon close inspection,i found out that the filter's neck was too long,cause the only thing supporting the filter is the clamp.And the weight of the filter being so far apart makes it very unsecure.

Called AEM today explaining the problem,and also sent them pics. They reply saying" oh sent it back,we'll test it out". As for the filter being too long,They said "Because the filter was MODIFIED(which i didn't),they will not do anything about it. This is how the filter came,I NEVER did any Modification to it,NOR do i have the tools to do so.

The F up thing is this Phone Conversation--
ME - I can't believed i'm having so much problem with a NAME BRAND intake system,which you guys spended thousands of dollars on TESTING,and DEVELOPMENT. $175.00 for a Short Ram Intake with all these problem,and fitment is a total RIP OFF!!!

Dick at AEM- mmm.... You know what? You should of brought a "EBAY INTAKE" cause i heard they are the "BOMB"....
WTF???
Now they want me to ship the system back to them(AT MY EXPENSE),cause the made a ******* piece of s*** product. This is bulls***!!!!!!

Note: Look closely at the elbow pipe,with only 1 day of usage and less than 20 miles on it. The coating is PEELING already. I guess "Heat Resistance paint" is NOT inportant to them on making their cheap ass intakes.
Damn i'm so pissed!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 775
  • IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 500
Look at the neck area. I clamped so tight,it even made makes on it. Look at the poor cutting job at the edge... Unbelieveable!! Name Brand product MY ASS!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 696
Could have got a Ebay CAI for 60$ man. Here is a hint, dont ever buy name brand unless its a really important part.

(ugh)

I've had my AEM on for 27,000 miles now. Zero problems whatsoever.

That's right!! I had Injen CAI before,and the fit and finish was A+++. Never had a problem what so ever. Was thinking about trading the P5 in, so i sold it.

JCell said:
injen rocks!

Other than the initial knocking against the brake master cylinder, which I fixed through a little manuvering, I never had any problem with my AEM intake.

Did you buy it new?

no problems with finish, and it's seen 2 winters

no offense, but are you sure you bought from a reputable source?

Brand sparking NEW!! The box was NEVER opened. All the clamps,instruction guide,and filter was in a SEALED bag.

nate0123 said:
no problems with finish, and it's seen 2 winters

no offense, but are you sure you bought from a reputable source?

is your elbow pipe all the way pushed down on the throttle body? it seems like that might be the problem. also, have you tried switching the direction of the elbow pipe? just some suggestions before you have to send it back to aem.

That's what the AEM guy said too. But i have tried to test fit WITHOUT the coupler,and that's how far down it will go. Can't change the direction,cause the that's where the hose from the engine has to connect to.

tonkabui said:
is your elbow pipe all the way pushed down on the throttle body? it seems like that might be the problem. also, have you tried switching the direction of the elbow pipe? just some suggestions before you have to send it back to aem.

well, since the cut on the pipe sucks anyway, mind as well trim it down to fit! that way, you get rid of the burring and will save you money on sending it back and then waiting for them to correct it. it's still $175, and you probably won't get that money back either way, so mind as well make it right at this point. sorry to hear about this bad experience.

Dude that sucks man.....I wish you luck on that.

My AEM short Ram hasn't had a problem yet...., I wonder did you get the right intake?....the Short ram for the P5/Mazdaspeed/and regular sedan are different.

J dragon said:
Dude that sucks man.....I wish you luck on that.

My AEM short Ram hasn't had a problem yet...., I wonder did you get the right intake?....the Short ram for the P5/Mazdaspeed/and regular sedan are different.
They are? Learn something new every day. How are they different (p5/vs sedan. I thought we had the same engine bay)?

I do know that there is a shorter one for P5's with Auto trannies.

Pretzellogic said:
They are? Learn something new every day. How are they different (p5/vs sedan. I thought we had the same engine bay)?

I do know that there is a shorter one for P5's with Auto trannies.

I know shocked the hell outta me too...Cullen at street unit told me to make sure i got the right Short ram product #....it's on their site

Back