Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

Thats great news! You mentioned how there would be a package deal on struts and springs. I was considering buying some H & R springs from you guys. Should i wait it out and buy them together or purchase them beforehand?

The shocks take the longest time to get going compared to springs (and the biggest cost) The tenative schedule for production would have them available at the beginning of August.

We will be working on getting the springs going over the next month.

-Derrick

How will Corksport springs differ from what is currently on the market? Will it be a price point, a specific spring rate or height?

How will Corksport springs differ from what is currently on the market? Will it be a price point, a specific spring rate or height?

A few pages back in the post we discussed offering a package of shocks and springs which would be matched for each other. I will be vigorously testing out the options in our shop Mazda 2 to get a good package setup.

-Derrick

So if one were considering buying your shocks in the future, would it be better to wait a month to get CS springs rather than buying a set of H&R's at this point? Did I understand correctly from your previous post that your springs would tentatively be available in 1 month?

Hi Derrick

Way back I drove a 1995 Neon ACR DOCH in DSP class and loved the linear rate coils that Mopar offered (ACR, High rates and Extra high rates).
Started with the High rates with off the shelf Konis and after 2 seasons moved to the Extra high rates and had my Konis revalved for them. Had an adjustable rear sway bar too.
Really like the set-up because I had less variables that I had to play with, so more time to concentrate on the course and drive at lapping days. Got some very good results in solo2 with a less prepared car.

If Corksport could offer similar options with a street/look package (nice drop, progressive rate springs, not too stiff, for look and still comfy) and a track-oriented package (best drop for suspension geometry and weight distribution (more drop in the back than the front) with stiffer linear rate springs (almost as stiff in the back as in the front)). I would be very interested in placing an order.

Btw I do local Solo2, Time-Attack and Lapping events around Montreal. So I don't feel like I need the extra competitive set-up for national level competitions. As long as I have a big smile on my face when I get out of the car.
Anyway the driver and his experience make the difference. Not the amount of money you put into the car instead of into your track driving evolution.

So if one were considering buying your shocks in the future, would it be better to wait a month to get CS springs rather than buying a set of H&R's at this point? Did I understand correctly from your previous post that your springs would tentatively be available in 1 month?

Our shop car currently has H&R springs on it. We will be trying out the shocks/struts with them to see how they do. Base on past experience I have had the H&R should do well and with the struts being adjustable dampening you can tailor the ride and handling to do well with them.

-Derrick

We are looking at having a set of the adjustable struts/shocks to test out towards the end of May and there is a good chance we will have CorkSport springs to run with them as well.

-Derrick

I'm a bit late to the party here, but this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I didn't' wan to blow the cash on coil overs after having already spent my cash on H&Rs... if these will work well with the H&Rs i'm down... If they're targeting for august, they'd fit in perfectly with my summer upgrade plan!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, what are you guys planning for the CS springs, in terms of ride height, stiffness, etc?

Any news on if I could drop them down to -50mm from stock?
No idea what springs you would use so can't shop for 50mm ones that might fit.

Allready have the 40mm drop and it needs just that liitle bit more for me.

I would be interested in the adjustable shocks if I can get them for a good price. The stock ones just aren't good enough for the Eibach springs.

Any news on if I could drop them down to -50mm from stock?
No idea what springs you would use so can't shop for 50mm ones that might fit.

Allready have the 40mm drop and it needs just that liitle bit more for me.

I will have to find out on a drop that low.

-Derrick

i think its about time corksport opened up a shop in houston =] i know about 60 ppl (no joke) that would like that lol

Latest posts

Back