Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

Any damper plots? High and low speed please. Range throughout adjustment settings.
Also, what spring rates?

And lastly, plots of yours vs. the B=Spec Billies.

Thanks.

There is no way I can answer this now since we have not started the project.

-Derrick

I'll put up a post on the uk forums. See if theres any interest.
Would you need them as members on here or are you ok with names on their behalf?

Sure you can pop up on there anyways

I will hop over there and see the posts.

Thanks!

You guys are good to go. We are checking out a few more things on the struts and I will get more information up about the game plan for getting them going.

-Derrick

http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

I spent too much time on forums and I spent too much money on trying to achieve decent handling.

My goal is to improve OEM handling which I think Mazda did a nice job with. I wanted to buy a Fit, or a Fiesta, but Mazda won me over with their handling. I have to try some Bilstein B-Specs first and then compare others (providing the budget is there) because I have played with Ohlins, Fox, FCM, SD Bilsteins, AFCO and have yet to find the holy grail of dampers (though SD is just about there performance-wise).

Get me some decent data and I will consider this. Race results would be nice.

I have had some good results with my Miata using CS parts. Let's see how this works out.

Last edited:
http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

I spent too much time on forums and I spent too much money on trying to achieve decent handling.

My goal is to improve OEM handling which I think Mazda did a nice job with. I wanted to buy a Fit, or a Fiesta, but Mazda won me over with their handling. I have to try some Bilstein B-Specs first and then compare others (providing the budget is there) because I have played with Ohlins, Fox, FCM, SD Bilsteins, AFCO and have yet to find the holy grail of dampers (though SD is just about there performance-wise).

Get me some decent data and I will consider this. Race results would be nice.

I have had some good results with my Miata using CS parts. Let's see how this works out.

That link is a good read, thanks. I will share shock dyno information when we have it available.

Thanks
Derrick

Have you guys thought about using Kickstarter to fund this? Seems like it'd be a perfect match for what's already going on.

I'm not in the market for a suspension at the moment but in a year or so I may well be. I won't be a "launch customer" here but if your setup ends up being right for what I want, I'll definitely check it out first.

We are moving forward with production on the shocks and struts. This is going to take months to get going. I will post up updates when I have more information to share.

Thanks
Derrick

Thats great news! You mentioned how there would be a package deal on struts and springs. I was considering buying some H & R springs from you guys. Should i wait it out and buy them together or purchase them beforehand?

A few months is just enough time to convince my wife that my 2 needs new dampers and springs. Good work Derrick.

Back