Adjustable Mazda 2 Struts/Shocks

I can honestly say that at that price (or about that price) for a set of adjustable struts/shocks and springs, I would certainly be in for a set.

If the struts work well with the H&R lowering springs, I'd buy a set in the future for sure. I hate living on the stock bumpstops.

If the struts work well with the H&R lowering springs, I'd buy a set in the future for sure. I hate living on the stock bumpstops.

We will be testing them out with the H&Rs, Eibachs, and probably the Racing beats as well as our own springs.

-Derrick

If any of you lurkers who have not spoken up are interested please post.

-Derrick

Since my 2 is my daily (so it see winter and our calcium-sprayed roads), I am more than interested in a set of adjustable performance shocks.

I love de drop of the H&R Sport, so I think that with your shocks and a set of trimmed bumpstops, it will be an excellent year-round setup.

Can you tell me if they gonna be short-stroke?

Since my 2 is my daily (so it see winter and our calcium-sprayed roads), I am more than interested in a set of adjustable performance shocks.

I love de drop of the H&R Sport, so I think that with your shocks and a set of trimmed bumpstops, it will be an excellent year-round setup.

Can you tell me if they gonna be short-stroke?

Yes to the short stroke.

-Derrick

The idea on these is to be able to run them safely on lowered cars, thus the shorter stroke.

-Derrick

Problem? Nope. A lowering spring on a stock strut combined with crappy local roads is a bit of a "pay to play" situation. There's no problem at all.

Make it avalible with a 50mm+ drop and I'm in.
Allready at 40mm and it's so close to how I want it.

When would the $50 need to be upfront by?

I think at that price I would be in. I was looking at the bilstein units and if these have similar performance for 2/3 the price I will give it a shot. $50 down.

I am heading into a product dev meeting tomorrow to discuss us moving forward with this part. I will update this post after the meeting is out.

-Derrick

Sub for development. The lack of an available aftermarket shock if the main reason I haven't looked into lowering springs for the 2 (that, and the $$$ required for the RX-7). I don't necessarily care for the adjustability but rather a nicely paired spring/shock combo would be a good idea. Any plans for a slightly cheaper, non-adjustable version for those who don't need it?

It looks like we will need to get 30 people interested in this before we can get it going. Counting through the postings on this thread there are 16 people.

Anyone else who has not spoken up?

-Derrick

Back