Adding NAV to 2014 Mazda3

I think that both cracked iGO versions that I posted, are for Windows CE OS, but the main question is, which OS Mazda connect uses?
It's probably customized Windows CE... (sad2)

Can anyone confirm if the 3's nav in Canada has also moved away from Tom Tom? The sales guy we were dealing with seems to think it's still Tom Tom.

We were also told it's $425 for the nav SD card for the GS model (price confirmed on mazda.ca build & price). Also, no shark fin antenna on our GS models here. It's a longer rubbery looking antenna in the same place shark fins typically are.

Last edited:
Dory, the Lat/Lng/Elev all work correctly with the canadian GS models.

djprco: I downloaded those iGOs and placed them on an SD card in 2 arrangements. first with maps/poi folders as downloaded, and the other method, with everything dumped in the root folder.

When inserted, the unit just displays "loading navigation" non-stop. As we don't know what the process actually looks like, it might require 30m or 60m, OR it might just not be compatible at all. Anyone else had any luck?

Hi franklabos,

I will try to get this info from inside (Mazda employee).
Regardless, as soon as we raise up this subject, the sooner Mazda connect system will be cracked! (2thumbs)

I got response, that the system needs around 10 minutes to load the navigation from SD card.

Should the files be organized or named in a certain manner? Does it need to be connected to wifi or anything other specific for this process?

Just copy all the files/dirs into the ROOT of SD Card. Start the NAV, and wait for 15-20 minutes. If maps doesn't appear, than it's not working.

Mario

Tried it again today, reformatted the card as well. Left it in there for 30+ min with the folder hierarchy as downloaded (maps/poi).

The system created a new folder called "Content" but it is blank.

I got the same problem.
when i inserted the SD with the downloaded Files i got at first the message that the card is not Valid (was a SD Card, not SDHC).
actually i dont know how the sturcture of the files should be on the card. Can somebody post a screenshot from the SD Card File Structure (somebody, who got it to work).

thank u :)

Jan

Hi Jan,

when I talk about the SD structure, I rely on Mio standalone GPS navigation, that also uses iGO SW upon Windows CE 5.0 OS.
First you need to boot in Windows GUI (not official LG SW GUI) by using special config file.
Then you put SD card with cracked image of iGo Primo (copy/paste files/dirs) in unit, and load iGO navigation directly from SD card.

Here we have a different situation, I guess Mazda connect (MZD connect marketing name in Europe) is first loaded, and it's main screen GUI with 5 icons: Music, Navigation, Settings, ...

In my opinion, overall Mazda connect SW should be cracked first, in order to use cracked iGO SW...

Mario

Maybe, but in today's GPS units there is approximately more than 90% of Windows CE or newly Android (Linux kernel)...

;)

@Pop: I didn't realized that you posted a link.

Very very interesting, Sun Solaris 9 or 10!? This commercial version of Unix (more precisely Oracle Solaris) is often used in enterprise servers. It's more strange than interesting to be honest.

Hello I have a 2014 Mazda 3 I buy a gps sd card for a bad honest person because it does not work and I have no invoice for exchange, I am looking for a person who makes a backup of the sd card before first use or a place where I could download the license file to run it .... it was put in another vehicle the card is not recognized by my Mazda ..... thank you for your help ...

If anybody has an original image of an unused BHY1-79-EZX SD Card (for Canadian GS) or can make one and share please let me know. I'll buy it for $50 and will pay another $50 if it works in my car. I wonder if a simple act of putting an original SD card in its slot refers it unusable for any other car... Hence the request for the image of a never used card.. Thank you.

I would imagine the image would include a unique identifier. If activated in one car, the other card would become unusable... kind of like the way microsoft did their OS's and when I tried to reinstall on my replacement computer it wouldn't work. Had to call them and explain the situation. didn't help, had to buy another copy. grr

Be interested to see if someone finds a work around for this within the next few months or so. It's way too costly for the damn dealership to do this :(

Hasn't anyone just attempted to copy the file and place it on another SD card? They could even charge a bit for their time! I'd pay $100 for a copy that's for sure!

Back