Adding Sirius to a GS

:
2014 Mazda3 Sport GS
I want to install satellite radio in my new Mazda3 GS Sport. For those of you reading this outside of Canada we only have 3 trim packages with these radio options:
GX which has 4 speaker audio and the non-touchscreen radio.
GS which has 6 speaker with touchscreen system with optional Nav.
GT which has 9 speaker Bose, Nav, with optional Sirius.

Has anyone tried upgrading their stereo to get sirius? Would I just have to swap out the radio control module and run the antenna for it or what? Looking at the service manual I can't tell if there are different parts or what I need to do. Obviously it would be cheaper to just install an aftermarket radio and connect it to the aux input, but it would look much better to not have this extra thing stuck to my windshield

I called my local dealer and It's possible to have it installed for around $750(CAD). You will need to pay for XM radio on top of that.

I called my local dealer and It's possible to have it installed for around $750(CAD). You will need to pay for XM radio on top of that.

Did they say what was involved in that, like if its just replacing the radio tuner module or if any special programming tools are needed? $750 is pretty steep...

Atleast on the last car(a 2012) i had it would have involved running a new antenna wire, the new headunit, and changing the tuner which for the 2014s is behind the glove box. Might be better off just buying an aftermarket kit. It won't be as nicely integrated but will cost like a quarter the price.

Back