A Rebuild Story - A Forged MP3 Motor

well mazdaformance.com is 20% of mazda list... so they've been cheaper than anyone every time I've needed something. So I'll just figure they are cheaper again. I got the gasket set for the Mazdaspeed motor just in case any of the seals or whatever are supposedly "better". I did a rough quick add just adding up the major seals and I got to 196, and I paid 246 for the full kit. So that's got gaskets and o rings that I'm probably not thinking of, so it likely was a reasonable approach. But I may give mazdastuff a call and see what he comes out at.

try it...just call or send email with a quote of any specific part, for a faster response, be very specific with part number, year of car, manual/auto trans...etc.

They are one of the best.

www.mazdastuff.com

How is it going to adjust for load and temp. changes at idle with no IAC?

The Microtech adjusts everything temp wise based on sensor readings. The load is compensated for by the change in manifold pressure that the load change in the motor generates. I'm quite sure the IAC wasn't hooked up before... so I'm just getting rid of it. There is no way for the computer to know anyway, the ECU doesn't seen any crank signal, doesn't see injectors signals, doesn't see coil signals, doesn't see throttle position, etc. So it has no way to know anything about EGR, or IAC at all. I have a feeling I wasn't even getting VICS control before. I'm going to control that now though through the auxillary outputs on the Microtech.

and now that I think about it... the idle behaviors I saw with my car would be explained by not having an IAC active.

Yeah, it's gotta idle weird without the ability to add more air when needed.

looks good Steve, I got my CP pistons yesterday also and your right they are sweet :)

Lookin Great! I have learned alot by reading your rebuild... It's like having a heads up for problems, one month before...

I'll have the motor back in the car and firing up at the end of February... so we'll see what that yield for problems :)

More pictures coming tonight... my Head and exhaust manifold have both been PandP'ed and DAMN they look sexy!!!!

Back