88' rx7 rear brakes

Muppet

:
88' rx7
does annyone know if the U shaped clipp on the rear brake pads are absolutly nessacery? it would appear that i am missing one, and that my brake fluid has separated.(5 years of sitting does that)(sad2)

i recently looked at a service manual and it would appear that there is only a V clipp so i may have just A my own Q. but still anny additional info is great.

the u clip hold ths pads away from the rotor when you are not braking. They arent completly necessary but w/ out them you will get some noise from the pad moving around.

A little late to this, but they also make it a little easier to install. I think I put two in mine since the holes are there but it's probably not critical.
I'm guessing they might be the same as some other cars...1st or 2nd gen. Probes possibly, so the local parts stores might carry them in stock or you could check the U-pull-it lots. Never bought any but I can't imagine they'd be too expensive.

Last edited:
awsome, thanks for the tips. I got them on and am going to bleed the lines with new fluid. thats the good news, the grate news is that it runs and the trans is ok. the gas i pulled out of the tank was the equvalent to varnish and smelled like paint thinner, the trans was bone dry and the pluggs didnt look spectacular. but it runs like a champ(aside from the brakes being mushy to the floor). so ill post pics as soon as i get that taken care of and it gets washed.(still need to do the diff fluid now that i think of it)

(thumb) Outstanding! Look forward to the pics. It's nice to hear about someone taking the time and effort to bring a neglected car back.
That old gas is one of the reasons I recommended a good fuel system cleaner (in your other thread). What's in your tank is also in the fuel lines and injectors. Sounds like you've got enough on your plate for now, but once up and running on fresh gas, you might consider that fuel filter too.

Thanks so much! i noticed your rx8 pics in another thread.......super clean dude very nice. but about this 7 i did infact change my fuel filter so thanks for the tip, and i tried to get as much of the lines as i could( that=the line from the tank to the filter and motor to the filter) and i cant wait to get these brakes done then comes the pics haha.

Back