80mm Exhaust for the MSP

One thing this exhaust will do compared to the CorkSport 60mm version is sound deeper. The larger piping will create a tone change.

Derrick

One thing this exhaust will do compared to the CorkSport 60mm version is sound deeper. The larger piping will create a tone change.

Derrick

Will this be a S and J pipe? Or what will this system consist of?

I have the old 2.5 S and J pipe and Would love to have a 3inch.

if i am not mistaken, CS is planning on this being 80mm all the way to the J pipe, not merely the catback

Bending an 80mm pipe with three 90 degree bends in that short of space is not easy to do. I am sure it is possible but the cost would be prohibitive.

I understand replicating the stock style downpipe is difficult, yet ion and ghl had more of a "straight down" style downpipe.

Would the cost of creating a new, single piece downpipe, not be worth it?

Interesting, so this will be including the j-pipe as well? Hopefully it will be a separate piece than the midpipe for those of use wanting to go to a 3" downpipe in the future. I know the member terbow has been throwing around the idea of making a 3" downpipe for some time now and I'd love to be able to pair that up with a 80 mm exhaust from CS!

EDIT: I now realize Ken said "to the j-pipe" not "including the j-pipe" so this post is kind of irrelevant.

Last edited:
Interesting, so this will be including the j-pipe as well? Hopefully it will be a separate piece than the midpipe for those of use wanting to go to a 3" downpipe in the future. I know the member terbow has been throwing around the idea of making a 3" downpipe for some time now and I'd love to be able to pair that up with a 80 mm exhaust from CS!

oh that would be soo nice

Since I just installed my new Perrin 3" today, I'm in the market for a 3" s and J as well. a 3" system for under $500 is a great deal!!! I really hope you can do the 3" s and J with those types of $$ savings

Since I just installed my new Perrin 3" today, I'm in the market for a 3" s and J as well. a 3" system for under $500 is a great deal!!! I really hope you can do the 3" s and J with those types of $$ savings

Hey, your exhaust is too damn loud, you darn kids and your loud noise!

Also...where is that thread you mentioned about the 'epic exhaust list thread' or whatever?

Also, found your youtube vids

if i am not mistaken, CS is planning on this being 80mm all the way to the J pipe, not merely the catback

Bending an 80mm pipe with three 90 degree bends in that short of space is not easy to do. I am sure it is possible but the cost would be prohibitive.

CS, I have a question for you, Is there anyway (if you make this 80mm) I can get a different muffler put on? Because I want to run a HSK muffler.

CS, I have a question for you, Is there anyway (if you make this 80mm) I can get a different muffler put on? Because I want to run a HSK muffler.

That is one thing we wont be able to do. That doesnt mean you couldn't have it done locally.

IF we did do a 80mm downpipe (S-pipe) we would probably go with a cast piece due to the tight bends. IF we did do this it will be a while until it would be ready, as in months after the 80mm exhaust was ready.

Derrick

the exhaust will go up to the Jpipe i meant, not include it. am i right derrick?
+1 I would really like to know this as well. As much as people like the included j-pipe it would really be a killer for me :( Not that I have much say because I do own a P5 afterall...

Well I want a Full 3" So I would prob get the S pipe made up I guess, Would it be 80mm the whole way? or would it be the stock size to bigger? or would i have to cut the J pipe section off and weld on another flange to fit a bigger S pipe?

Back