3M 1080 - Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap

I'm interested in applying 3M 1080 Carbon fiber vinyl wrap to the interior and possibly the roof of my CX-5.
Do any of you have any experience doing this? If so is it a relatively easy DIY job or should I leave it to the professionals?
I'm still in the process of looking for a good dealer either located in toronto or one that will ship to Canada.
I would love to see some pictures if any of you have some.

Cheers,

Daniel

I did it to my roof because it was cheaper than clearbra (first choice) and the shop I went to didnt have gloss black vinyl (second choice), so I said what the heck, do the CF material.

20120802191007958.jpg

My reasoning for doing the roof was to prevent sand from my kayaks scratching the paint, so I actually had a practical reason in mind.

I did it to my roof because it was cheaper than clearbra (first choice) and the shop I went to didnt have gloss black vinyl (second choice), so I said what the heck, do the CF material.

20120802191007958.jpg

My reasoning for doing the roof was to prevent sand from my kayaks scratching the paint, so I actually had a practical reason in mind.

I bought the clear bra for another SUV and never installed, so planning to just lay it on and make it fit the CX5. Though I do like the CF and may do the same and put on the roof, rear spoiler, and the black parts of the f/r bumpers, fenders and rocker panels. I just need to see which CF color will look best with a white CX5, thanks for the great idea.

Sorry I didn't respond, I don't check the forums as often as I used to.
Paris1, this particular 3M CF pattern is not glossy, so it doesn't show up the scratches.
I just wanted to protect the OEM paint underneath so if I decide to trade up when I've finished paying her off then its as simple as removing the vinyl. If I decide to keep the car longer, then I'll redo the vinyl.
Undergrad, I got a good deal from the shop to get it done for $350 (or thereabouts, I dont remember exactly how much now). But it was a lot cheaper than the $600+ they would have charged for clear-bra.
FYI the size of the roof is nearly 6'x4' so figure you will need to get a quote for approximately 24 squareft.

Now I'm having a hard time deciding on glossy black or matte black.. I think the glossy black will look better, but it will certainly show the scratch easier.

20120802191007958.jpg

Love it - looks excellent would like to see more pics

I put the gloss black di-noc on the trim bar and the button surround. I put them in last year but when I turned on the heater the edges by the vents shrank and warped. I read on some other forums that you have to cut the vinyl around curves. I will reorder some and redo it because I thought it looks way better than stock

Back