37.17 mpg

gino said:
Injen CAI; Racing Mazda 4/2/1 header and midpipe, no cats, Magnaflow CB and 22"x5" resonator; 60mm OBTB; RR-Racing UDP, MP3-flashed ECU, Denso iridiums. 118 whp, 122 lb/ft torque on Dynojet. Every mod dynoed on same unit.

I don't baby it and no, Toucci, I didn't refill the tank; I regularly pull 35+-37+ mpg at 5280 feet. Denver.

So maybe it is the elevation? I think I've heard that at that elevation you don't need to run premium with the MP3 ECU. Oh and damn you for having your ECU flashed, I pad to pay 220 for mine >_<

37??!! I'm lucky to get 27! I average 25, with no mods and it's a 5-speed. My tires are Falken Ziex 205/50/16 (slightly larger than the original Dunlops). Of course, my driving (almost all city) could be considered...uh...spirited. I've decided to try to see how mileage improves by driving it like my grandmother and keeping it under 3000 rpm as much as possible.

I actually keep it under 3000rpm all the time and I only get around 23mpg in a good week. I guess its the gas, city driving and cold weather, haven't had her in the summer yet though.

you guys are keeping track down to the .XX on mileage and gallons? i live in CA. so the only numbers i'm concerned with are prices. even with 30+mpg i'm thinking about getting a Vespa.LOL that'll never really happen

hey, tritonheat1 i used to live in Hanford i'm still semi close. is there a MAZDA club there or anywhere close that you know of. we should get a meet going

Last edited:
Still pulling consistent 27mpg with sport auto. 350 mile tanks with 13 gallon fillups just like clockwork.

just thought I would throw this in. I am getting 26 mpg in town and about 33 on the highway. I don't drive slow either. But I do have to have premiyum

Gino, the air in Denver will be thinner given the elevation so your 37mpg sounds about right.

At sea level the best I got was 33.7mpg straight highway.

i got almost 36 MPG on one trip up to bar harbor, ME. i was on rt 1 going between 45-50 for some time taking it easy on the gas....had the AC on a portion of the time, too.

it is posible but hard to do!

-R

Protege52003 said:
i got almost 36 MPG on one trip up to bar harbor, ME. i was on rt 1 going between 45-50 for some time taking it easy on the gas....had the AC on a portion of the time, too.

it is posible but hard to do!

-R
45-50? was that a residential area? (boom07)

toucci said:
gino, do you think switching from high performance 215 width tires to the hard stock 195s will help my mileage much? I know economy cars run skinny tires to get better mileage but I wonder how much difference it makes

I just switched from the 195's to 205's and my mileage went down a lot, but some of that could have been due to the difference in overall diameter of the tire, so hard to say.

I get a little more than 27mpg on average, not taking it easy, with a roof/bike rack on most of the time. Best I got was 35mpg while drafting behind my dad's car doing 80-85 mph. I thought that was sweet- 80-85mph and getting 35mpg. :)

how does everyone get such good mileage i get 21-22 mpg with sri and header how do you get 25-30 though damn maybe i should start using some acetone huh???

djdanny5000 said:
how does everyone get such good mileage i get 21-22 mpg with sri and header how do you get 25-30 though damn maybe i should start using some acetone huh???

WHOA! I drive my car really hard unless I'm on the highway (not often) and I get like 29 or so.

djdanny5000 said:

that sucks......i drive my car pretty hard and i get aound 25 with my 70% city 30% highway. i average 30+ with my highwat driving.......

Protege52003 said:
that sucks......i drive my car pretty hard and i get aound 25 with my 70% city 30% highway. i average 30+ with my highwat driving.......

i get the same, but the driving is reversed 30 city 70 highway

Back