323 gtx build

I'm trying, honestly when I saw all the smoke I wanted to leave on the side of the road and put free on it. Once my wedding is paid off and I get a reliable daily it will be getting ms2 setup

Turbo finally s*** a brick. Had the replacement but wanted to get everything together the right way but I'm going to be forced to throw it all together quickly now. Getting manifold rising rate fpr and clutch and down pipe on Saturday and going to try to make it work like that for now. The only thing not cheap is the turbo it should support my 260 whp goal and possibly my want of 300 whp

AB8E21EF-DFA5-4757-BF19-91473A7C7A32-162-00000016145C44AC_zps85854c44.jpg

WOW man small world.. i have the same turbo going on my built motor. except mine out of a evo8 so it has a tiny bit bigger wheel :)

keep up the good work man and dont go settign fire to her just yet ;)

Evo8 should use a 16g or super 16g.

Have a lead on a edm intake manifold, they flow 38% more air so if I do get it ill be breaking into the 300whp area. Any more than that and ill have to look at extensive modifications that I don't want to go through right now lol. Depending on time and money Itl be up and runing again in a month or so. All I have left is clutch, down pipe, adapter plate, and fuel pump. So about $500-600 worth of stuff depending if I go act or center force

Trans. I have all the awd stuff. Just debating if I'm going to go ahead and do the Evo swap or get a gtr awd trans

Ah, smart move. I was asking cause I'm about to have two stock USDM GTX AWD transmissions for sale. Good luck finding a GTR transmission, they come up every now and then so be patient. It took me 2 years to finally get my hands on one and I'm hoping it's in good condition cause I've heard of guys receiving broken gearboxes. There's at least 3-4 JDM 1.8 BPT GTX swaps on ebay right now but most of those sellers won't break up the complete swap and sell just a tranny.

According to the Factory Service Manuals I have the GTX and GTR transmissions were identical in terms of gearing with the exception of the speedo gear. But the manuals I have are Euro spec. I've yet to see the FSM for the JDM versions of these cars nor would I even begin to know how to read them, haha! Unless of course the EDM GTXs and GTRs were exactly the same as the JDM ones. One guy on the GTX Yahoo groups confirmed the GTR had shot peened and hardened gears via the FIA Homologation papers so who knows.

If you're not already on the 323 GTX yahoo groups, join up. It's probably one of the best sources of information on the internet. There and Club Protege forum. As far as the Mazdabishi hybrid, that's something I'd like to do down the line as well. One guy in New Zealand did it and is running 11s, haha!! Here's a vid:

Yes he has a bpt with Evo trans. I've considered a bpt swap but if anything ever happens to the 323 ( fire, wreck, etc) I will get an Evo no questions asked. I've always liked them an since my wedding is paid off more than likely I can afford one and will probably find a blown up one since I will already have a motor and trans

Right now it will be going together fwd and make ~260 whp if I keep the td04. I'm considering selling it and getting a 2871 or 2860 with it being fwd lag will help traction. After its together ill decide what I'm going to do with it as far as bpt or 4g63

Update: now that my wedding/ honey moon is done I can focus time and money to the 323

Ditching the td04 picked up a garret gt28 last night. Size difference is almost rediculous

F17025A6-7CC3-4BF5-A5C9-1B8BA11F1284-983-000000F4DF4CE7D7_zpsa0d6b001.jpg

DB30DF16-1E0D-4C8D-8673-723663D38162-983-000000F4D704DB0A_zpse936a7a2.jpg

28F6A114-053B-46B9-BEAC-D0ECB69B9C39-983-000000F8D98FB7F5_zps92f94f45.jpg

Any progress happened recently man?

I was speaking with a local Mazda owner who had two GTXes in the past. I couldn't help but to think about you and yours.

Nope honda took a s*** on me, bought a little mini truck ( impulsive buy) out of the 2 months I owned it it was only runing for 2-3 weeks and drinking a qt of oil a day. Just picked up a celica last weekend. Pretty sure it's a keeper

100% of my tax return is going into it, hopefully it will cover then mega squirt . It will be on the track by Easter Sunday

Havnt had time to do anything. Got an hour the other day and took advantage of it. Vacation next week hopefully I'll get something done

Back