3" Downpipe Group Buy / Fire Sale - $275 shipped???

according to his profile, there was activity today at around 5am, no posts though

Yeah, I've been checking every day. He logs on almost EVERY day. Same thing when I had an issue a couple months back- he'd log on every day and post in this thread when he still did, yet he ignored TWO pms from me in three weeks.

Damn, he did sign in this morning didn't he? And still no response, even after all of us sent numerous PMs and emails. Man, this isn't looking good..

Damn, he did sign in this morning didn't he? And still no response, even after all of us sent numerous PMs and emails. Man, this isn't looking good..
He's been logging on basically every single day for the past two months.. Usually between 5-7am and sometimes around 11-1pm...

Yeah, I've been checking every day. He logs on almost EVERY day. Same thing when I had an issue a couple months back- he'd log on every day and post in this thread when he still did, yet he ignored TWO pms from me in three weeks.

The last time I saw him sign in before this morning was the 9th, so it's been almost 2 weeks since his last sign in until this morning. Still though, no excuse not to drop into the GB threads and update us.

ADMINS, PLEASE INITIATE SOME SORT OF ACTION FOR US!! We NEED an update of some sort, and seeing as how he was AMM I really hope you have other means of contact than PM/email.

What made you file anyways? Have you never waited for a part to be made?

to be honest, when there was the "20 paid by this date and you get a discount" i was all for it.

then suddenly #20 magically became #18 and i got skeptical. didn't feel like waiting on a part i *might get. and i had a cracked J pipe and needed something immediately.

to be honest, when there was the "20 paid by this date and you get a discount" i was all for it.

then suddenly #20 magically became #18 and i got skeptical. didn't feel like waiting on a part i *might get. and i had a cracked J pipe and needed something immediately.
I was skeptical of that, too... It's odd how that would suddenly happen, then 'oops! one person backed out! now I don't have to refund $500!' but whatever...

The last time I saw him sign in before this morning was the 9th, so it's been almost 2 weeks since his last sign in until this morning. Still though, no excuse not to drop into the GB threads and update us.

ADMINS, PLEASE INITIATE SOME SORT OF ACTION FOR US!! We NEED an update of some sort, and seeing as how he was AMM I really hope you have other means of contact than PM/email.

No, he had signed on last Friday the 19th and also Wednesday the 17th.

So we have many dollars missing here...I'm hoping progress is being made from the admins and Antoine. I'm sure AMM status requirements will change due to this. I've heard of people getting screwed over by companies, but never in a GB. I mainly use this forum for GBs, otherwise I just stay on my local forum. This particular issue is hurting my desires to stay a member.

Is this the complete list?

1. rally2003 - downpipe
2. spicyprotevo - downpipe
3. JDMazdaFamilia - downpipe
4. KrayzieFox - manifold
5. lowpro35 - manifold

I highly recommend you ALL contact paypal and issue a claim against Pope...Even if you won't get a refund...They may freeze his account.

I'm going to check my records and PM the Members on the list with any info on Pope I have that may help with either getting your part or a refund.

Has anyone met Pope in person or can pay him a visit? The Moderator Team and I will do what we can to help but ultimately to resolve this...All of you on the list will have to take action by any LEGAL means necessary.

I will also see if our Marketplace Moderators can jump in here and provide advice regarding paypal claims and unresolved transactions...

Any of you who paid through paypal via a credit card have a chance. Contact your credit card issuer and inform them that your purchase has not been received. Even if Paypal won't do squat, you have excellent buyer protection with your credit card. If Mastercard and Visa are barking at paypal their reply will be MUCH different than when you are. If you paid via a linked checking accout/debit card I would still try contacting your bank, but you'll likely have little luck.

PayPal dispute filed.

And that's a great suggestion Wagonbacker. I was actually going to suggest the same thing, as Visa & Mastercard often have much longer dispute periods. I thankfully did pay with a Visa so I will be contacting my bank as well and I can hopefully at least get my money back. He can do whatever he wants with the manifold at that point..

This is really unfortunate though, we all trusted Pope so much. I still have a hard time believing he did this to us, but it's pretty obvious that he is evading all of us. Someone visiting or calling him in person would probably help jump start things, cuz he is clearly not going to answer anyone's PM or email. If someone has his number, I will call him myself.

I got a call from a friend of mine who still occasionally visits the forum and he let me know I needed to check the thread and my email. I shut the email down through cpanel with my hosting provider but apparently all I did was stop forwarding them to my computer and phone - I didn't actually close the email account. For this reason I hadn't gotten anything from you guys or from paypal...

Its been a long while since I've made time to log on. I'm not going to make excuses or tell a sob story because ultimately that has no place here and changes nothing. I accept full responsibility for the lack of communication and I'm genuinely sorry. I have all 5 remaining parts shipping this week. Unfortunately I do not have the two thermostat spacers that go with two of the downpipes. I've been going around and around trying to get them cut. It was such a small order that it has been sitting on the backburner at the laser cutter since early August. I'm going to ship the pipes and have been assured that the spacers will be here next week, but I'm tired of sitting on pipes waiting for little stuff to show up. This is why I have gotten out of the fab business and why I no longer spend time on forums, this stuff has completely burnt me out and is a massive time suck. My family and my job are all I have energy for at this point. I assure you that your parts will have been worth the wait and I'm truly sorry for taking so long.

Tom

Last edited:
Great to hear from you Tom, thank you for finally getting back to us! Could we see the pipes and manifold that are waiting to go out by any chance?

Thanks Tom. Wow this was all I could think about at work today. I feel much better now and I'm sure my blood pressure feels the same :)

attempted to install my downpipe and it didn't fit right. Had to widen a couple of holes. Also removed two studs for the hardware that came with the hardware kit. Then found out the hardware is too long. So, once again, my car is down and parts and tools are scattered all over my garage.

Its been a long while since I've made time to log on.
Not to beat a dead horse, but are you aware that we can view your profile and it clearly shows the last time you logged in?

Not to beat a dead horse, but are you aware that we can view your profile and it clearly shows the last time you logged in?

It is what it is and leave it like that. Just be glad we're getting the parts. I'm releaved :)

I never did file a claim. And I'm not going to this week. If they're to be shipped out, then I'll leave it be. But it's easy to say one thing and do another. Still hoping for the best though.

Back