2023 CX-5 navigation issue etc…Anyone else?

I have a June 2023 CX5. The speed camera alert works intermittently. Some times perfect, some times not at all. It either works or doesn't. My garage has raised a QA issue with Mazda but i don't hold out much hope! Anyone else got this problem?

Can you 2023 CX-5 guys who are having issues pull out your SD-CARD (car off) for Navigation and get back to me with the Full part number it is like xxxx 66 EZ1, I need to know first 4 digits its on the SD-CARD label.
I MIGHT have a solution.
I bought a brand new CX-5 2023 last week. I am experiencing the same navigation issue that the directions are not shown on the screen and HUD sometimes. The workaround by steve1212 (add the same route to the route and then create a new route) works for me, but is not how the system should work.

ASH8 did you have a solution?

Another problem is that the current Mazda Update Toolbox 5.7.2022040396 cannot access the KAAA 66 EZ1 SD-card. The dealer told me that Mazda Netherlands is aware of this and that there will be a new version of the toolbox that will recognise this new SD card.
I therefore have no idea what version of the map is on this SD-card. The car system tells me that the version number of the map is 21Q1082003, while the latest map version is called 2022 Q4 23CW15 on the Mazda website.

I have found by resetting the HUD settings to factory default things seem to start working again.
I had reset the settings for the HUD (Active Driving Display) to factory defaults, but that didn't fix the problem with no navigation directions in the HUD and to the upper left corner of the infotainment screen.

Last edited:
Your CP directions show up in the HUD? That is the first I have heard of the system working that way. It has been only the SD card which shows up in the HUD.

Could you take a photo showing what you see in the HUD? Not sure it's possible to photograph.
I have given up on the Mazda SatNav since I started using Apple Carplay as it is so much better! The directions on the HUD are just what you get when the Mazda system is working properly. Note : I get no HUD display when using Google Maps !

My only concern is using CarPlay where mobile phone coverage is poor or non-existant - this is where I will use the Mazda app on my phone and then use 'send to car'.

Hope that helps.
Andy

I understand how the HUD works with Mazda navigation. Someone here posted they were seeing Carplay Directions in the HUD as well. Apparently this is what happens in the CX-50 so possibly for 23/24 they added it to the CX-5 as they keep making incremental improvements to the infotainment system.

I bought a brand new CX-5 2023 last week. I am experiencing the same navigation issue that the directions are not shown on the screen and HUD sometimes. The workaround by steve1212 (add the same route to the route and then create a new route) works for me, but is not how the system should work.

See Firmware Update just out for 2023 EU/UK CX-5 for a new firmware version that fixes the problem.

Your CP directions show up in the HUD? That is the first I have heard of the system working that way. It has been only the SD card which shows up in the HUD.

Could you take a photo showing what you see in the HUD? Not sure it's possible to photograph.
It just shows the graphics of the instructions that should be showing on the central display.

Anyway, SIX MONTHS after being disapointed after spending lots and lots on my new CX5 it want in today for a softward fix for the satnav. Six months! It is still a poor system but at least it now displays properly.

Honda next time.

It just shows the graphics of the instructions that should be showing on the central display.

Anyway, SIX MONTHS after being disapointed after spending lots and lots on my new CX5 it want in today for a softward fix for the satnav. Six months! It is still a poor system but at least it now displays properly.

Honda next time.
Lol, as if Honda's don't have issues. I had an RDX before my CX-5s and it was in the shop all the time. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Lol, as if Honda's don't have issues. I had an RDX before my CX-5s and it was in the shop all the time. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
Hmmm. Maybe look at a RAV4 or a Quashqai? I've had too many Discoveries to think about a Land Rover and Beemers just don't appeal.

Hmmm. Maybe look at a RAV4 or a Quashqai? I've had too many Discoveries to think about a Land Rover and Beemers just don't appeal.
Someone told me that
Beemer: BMW motocycles
Bimmer: BMW vehicles.
Not sure if this is correct....
Anyway, I owned a 5 series before and frequented a BMW forum quite a bit back then.

I have a June 2023 CX5. The speed camera alert works intermittently. Some times perfect, some times not at all. It either works or doesn't. My garage has raised a QA issue with Mazda but i don't hold out much hope! Anyone else got this problem?
Hi, I have just purchased Sept 2023 CX5 I was having the Nav system issue, a firmware update by Mazda fixed that but I still have the intermittent speed and traffic light camera alerts issue, is this happening to others and does anyone know the fix

I am still having same problem, works one day but not another, no reason, nothing changed in settings, and same traffic cameras on same roads.
Anyone got any idea, Mazda UK no help at all.

Still got the problem. My dealer has offered to have it for the day, but it’s so intermittent that the chances of finding the cause is probably remote especially as the nearest speed camera to the garage is 3 to 4 miles away. What I have noticed, is that if it works from engine start up, it will work consistently until it’s switched off. If it doesn’t work from start up, it won’t work until it’s restarted ( and sometimes not then).
It’s like some trigger to the speakers kicks in at start up (or not).
I’ll probably let the garage have it for the day so I can have another moan at Mazda if it’s not resolved.

Back