2023 CX-5 navigation issue etc…Anyone else?

20230415_120107.jpg
Hi guys. I am new to here. Nice to meet you everyone.

I recently bought 2023 mazda cx-5, very excited. There seems to be some problems that I want to share and seeking for advices.

First, with 30% of chance the door doesn't open with keyless entry and with remote control. I have to use physical key to open. There are no problems with starting an engine. I learned that it can be caused by windshield tinting??

Secondly, my navigation it doesn't show the route when to turn left or right. As you can see on the picture top left hand side there should be indication to show turn left 200m.
It doesn't show. Sometimes it comes back to work after restarting engine.

The car has done only 300km. I went back to dealership but they are putting a blame on tinting shop. Does anyone experiencing similar issues?

Thank you.
Johnson

I have the same issue with my 2023 Mazda CX-5, in addition the navigation instructions on the HUD stop at the same time. I have found by resetting the HUD settings to factory default things seem to start working again. Android Auto is also missing, Apple Carplay is however present. After querying with the dealer and with Mazda UK I was told an update would be available end of April/Start of May and this would add Android Auto. I am hoping it will also fix the issues with the navigation.

I have the same issue with my 2023 Mazda CX-5, in addition the navigation instructions on the HUD stop at the same time. I have found by resetting the HUD settings to factory default things seem to start working again. Android Auto is also missing, Apple Carplay is however present. After querying with the dealer and with Mazda UK I was told an update would be available end of April/Start of May and this would add Android Auto. I am hoping it will also fix the issues with the navigation.
Thank you. Hope this thing will be fixed soon. When the key lease entry doesn't work there are no way to open a boot

New EU08 Firmware is out for 2023 in EU and UK, it loads Android Auto certification and fixes a few other issues, no changelog yet.

BTW, the keyless entry and Navigation "could be" aftermarket window tinting as the GPS Antenna is inside car under dash next to front screen, tint might be causing signal break. Key or Fob Antenna is behind the Start Stop button in dash..again signal may break or be weak if you have tint on glass...just a suggestion.

Latest update adds Android Auto back but does not seem to address the problems with navigation. Thanks to ASH8 for the help with the upgrade.

I purchased a 23 model in March and had exactly the same problems with the directional arrows and Heads Up Display, and the lack of Android Auto. It's been back to the dealer three times already. Android Auto now installed and working. Dealer has now raised the issue with Mazda UK. Relieved to see that I'm not the only one having the problem. I've found a workaround, (add the same route to the route, then create new route) but not happy with the current position.

I bought a brand new 2023 CX5 at the end of March and have exactly the same sat nav problem.
My dealer advises that Mazda are aware of this and are working on it. Their Service Dept. suggested using Google Maps or similar as the installed sat nav is so poor. Not totally helpful on a brand new car!
I found that the work-around for this is to deliberately take a 'wrong' turning making the sat nav re-calculate the route. Directions then appear in the top left hand corner of the screen and on the HUD as they should.
Had I been aware of this and the other 'commander' unit shortfalls I really doubt if I would have replaced my 2015 CX5 with a new one.
If you have the same problem PLEASE harass your dealer to put pressure on Mazda to sort this out. It really is unacceptable.

Can you 2023 CX-5 guys who are having issues pull out your SD-CARD (car off) for Navigation and get back to me with the Full part number it is like xxxx 66 EZ1, I need to know first 4 digits its on the SD-CARD label.
I MIGHT have a solution.

Can you 2023 CX-5 guys who are having issues pull out your SD-CARD (car off) for Navigation and get back to me with the Full part number it is like xxxx 66 EZ1, I need to know first 4 digits its on the SD-CARD label.
I MIGHT have a solution.
Hello ash8. My card starts KAAA. I am having the same issues re no turn indications and i have got round it by selecting route options and just pressing the commander knob on whatever route is being used ie short, easy, fast etc. it also works again if you deliberately make a wrong turn then correct it.

i recently updated my maps to latest but noticed that my licence expiry is 3 years whereas it should be 5 years. I will report this to mazda uk.

Mazda main dealer tells me that Mazda UK are still working on the sat nav issue.
It is now 4 months since I bought the brand new car so I'm not going to hold my breath.
I am now using the Apple Carplay sat nav and am really pleased with it. Shows up directions on the HUD as well!
Also the nav on the MyMazda App looks as if it could be worth playing with if you're feeling lucky.

Mazda main dealer tells me that Mazda UK are still working on the sat nav issue.
It is now 4 months since I bought the brand new car so I'm not going to hold my breath.
I am now using the Apple Carplay sat nav and am really pleased with it. Shows up directions on the HUD as well!
Also the nav on the MyMazda App looks as if it could be worth playing with if you're feeling lucky.
Your CP directions show up in the HUD? That is the first I have heard of the system working that way. It has been only the SD card which shows up in the HUD.

Could you take a photo showing what you see in the HUD? Not sure it's possible to photograph.

Last edited:
Back