2019 CX-5 Details

I really do not understand the lack of love for Wagons.

Because they are ugly.

Because as much as I know that wagons don't look like this anymore, this is exactly the first thing to pop into my mind when I hear the word wagon.

Vacation_006Pyxurz-1024x720.jpg

At least that's just my opinion. Not sure how much said opinion overlaps with the market that doesn't love wagons.

I mean the vertical space in the engine bay not vehicle length. I can see how that’s confusing.

I mean the vertical space in the engine bay not vehicle length. I can see how thats confusing.

Needs enough room for all 2.5T + plumbing as well as AWD gear.

Would be nice if one of the reviewers actually grilled a Mazda engineer with direct questions such as can the current CX-5 fit both the 2.5T (with plumbing) and AWD gear into it's engine bay and surround area

Dude go on YouTube look up straight pipes review of the E63 S wagon and stop knocking wagons.

Looks like a squashed minivan to me.

Look, I don't give a crap about the numbers. It's ugly to me, period. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Neither of us are wrong. You love wagons, I don't.

But for those who say "I can't understand why people couldn't love wagons", I am providing a response.

Looks like a squashed minivan to me.

Look, I don't give a crap about the numbers. It's ugly to me, period. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Neither of us are wrong. You love wagons, I don't.

But for those who say "I can't understand why people couldn't love wagons", I am providing a response.

You do see how you are coming across as a hater here right? Like you make this comment and post that picture EVERY time someone says they like wagons. Just let it go man. Some people like wagons and that’s ok.

You do see how you are coming across as a hater here right? Like you make this comment and post that picture EVERY time someone says they like wagons. Just let it go man. Some people like wagons and that’s ok.
Fair enough. I've said my peice. Not trying to ruffle any feathers. Was simply responding to his question of not understanding why people dont like wagons.

One thing that would be nice to have in a future update, rear seat climate control. CX-8 & CX-9 have this

Bring a 6 Wagon AWD 2.5T ...and I am first inline. The only reason I go for an SUV, is I need boot space, there is almost no wagon on the US-Can market while there are plenty in EU. I really do not understand the lack of love for Wagons. I had a WRX wagon and loved it.

Because people on this continent are morons (rlaugh)

With the diesel getting approved, I can't see them putting in the 2.5T personally.

After this it's hopefully a 2.5L version of the 'X' motors as the base unit and the next gen diesel to follow.

Because people on this continent are morons (rlaugh)

With the diesel getting approved, I can't see them putting in the 2.5T personally.

After this it's hopefully a 2.5L version of the 'X' motors as the base unit and the next gen diesel to follow.

Current diesel and 2.5T have same torque figures. Updated diesel will have more but HP will still be less than 2.5T

Autogefhl did mention in their SkyAtiv-X review that Mazda should be releasing 2.5L SkyActiv-X

Current diesel and 2.5T have same torque figures. Updated diesel will have more but HP will still be less than 2.5T

Autogefhl did mention in their SkyAtiv-X review that Mazda should be releasing 2.5L SkyActiv-X

Yeah, I just can't see them releasing a less efficient motor with the same torque (the thing most people will notice) once the diesel gets here in the CX5.

Anyone who thinks the diesel will satisfy those who want the 2.5T because the torque is the same are crazy. Diesel != turbo gas engine for performance. Just look at power.

Anyone who thinks the diesel will satisfy those who want the 2.5T because the torque is the same are crazy. Diesel != turbo gas engine for performance. Just look at power.

Most people aren't racing their CX5's.

Most people aren't racing their CX5's.

Didn’t say they were.

I’m basically saying the customer who wants the diesel and the one that wants the 2.5T aren’t the same customer. You can’t say they are both just looking for more torque.

You buy the diesel if you’re after better gas mileage.

You buy the 2.5T if you’re after something that accelerates faster.

Again I’m thinking I want better mileage or faster not I want > 300 ft/lb of torque. People also focus more on HP and cylinder count rightly or not anyway. I’ve heard so many say I want a V6.....

The X3 I had recently was much quicker (their 2.0T has similar power to the Mazda 2.5T) and more pleasant to drive as it didn’t feel underpowered. It just felt like it wasn’t ever struggling to do what I wanted. I feel like the CX-5 runs out of breath pretty easily.

Didn’t say they were.

I’m basically saying the customer who wants the diesel and the one that wants the 2.5T aren’t the same customer. You can’t say they are both just looking for more torque.

You buy the diesel if you’re after better gas mileage.

You buy the 2.5T if you’re after something that accelerates faster.

Again I’m thinking I want better mileage or faster not I want > 300 ft/lb of torque. People also focus more on HP and cylinder count rightly or not anyway. I’ve heard so many say I want a V6.....

The X3 I had recently was much quicker (their 2.0T has similar power to the Mazda 2.5T) and more pleasant to drive as it didn’t feel underpowered. It just felt like it wasn’t ever struggling to do what I wanted. I feel like the CX-5 runs out of breath pretty easily.

I really don't think mileage is the prime incentive of the diesel. I think it's a nice bonus and added 'bell and whistle'.

I also think the added torque will benefit far more 'average' people with things like merging, passing etc. I also think the primarily female drivers of these won't give a hoot how many HP vs TQ it has. They'll care how it feels driving, merging etc.

I think you should also reserve judgement on Mazda's diesel until you drive it. It's not your typical low revving only, low end only, runs out of breath quickly diesel. It likes to rev by all accounts.

So I went and looked up 0-60 on the diesel and found a uk review with it listed as 8.5 seconds. That’s about the same as the NA 2.5 we get now. I’d expect the 2.5T to be a lot quicker than that. Probably low 7s or high 6s. The only advantage I think the diesel would have if you ignore gas mileage, which you shouldn’t, would be in that it wouldn’t be much slower loaded up with people and stuff.

I think there is absolutely a customer for the diesel. And Mazda should bring it here.

And for the 2.5T there is a customer and they should bring that too.

They just aren’t the same customer.

I’ll offer an analogy. It’s like saying the Golf TDI negates the need for the GTI because the TDI has similar torque. Crazy right?

So I went and looked up 0-60 on the diesel and found a uk review with it listed as 8.5 seconds. That’s about the same as the NA 2.5 we get now. I’d expect the 2.5T to be a lot quicker than that. Probably low 7s or high 6s. The only advantage I think the diesel would have if you ignore gas mileage, which you shouldn’t, would be in that it wouldn’t be much slower loaded up with people and stuff.

I think there is absolutely a customer for the diesel. And Mazda should bring it here.

I’ll offer an analogy. It’s like saying the Golf TDI negates the need for the GTI because the TDI has similar torque. Crazy right?
I agree.

Diesel if you are hauling stuff or doing mostly highway, otherwise 2.5L or 2.5T for others.

Except it's a CUV, not a 'hot hatch'.

From what others have posted here, there seems to be an issue with configuration/space etc of 2.5T and AWD system in CX-5.

So chances are not good but you never know....

The 2.5T is in the CX-9, along with AWD......I imagine Mazda can engineer it to work in the smaller CX-5......I hope. :)

Back