2019 CX-5 Details

They will be fine. Noone complains about the cl43amg or the Macan? Why not go MRC like on the Corvette and mustang and camaro? It wouldn't add tok much to the bottom line especially for what you get.
There has been some complaints. Why not go for MRC? Probably because they can't afford it and also prefer to do things in-house.

There has been some complaints. Why not go for MRC? Probably because they can't afford it and also prefer to do things in-house.

The in house thing is kinda true. But I doubt any of their driver assistance is in house and my key fob says Mitsubishi on the inside. So maybe........

The in house thing is kinda true. But I doubt any of their driver assistance is in house and my key fob says Mitsubishi on the inside. So maybe........
Quite possible they're mostly in house. Their use of the technology for these is a bit different to other manufacturers

However if it's not in-house then they probably paying some sort of licencing fees that need to be reasonable considering their size

Last edited:
Quite possible they're mostly in house. Their use of the technology for these is a bit different to other manufacturers

How so? They all use radar and cameras. They of course calibrate and decide how obtrusive to be which is where I see some difference. Even the big companies don’t build this tech on their own and it’s actually quite complicated.

How so? They all use radar and cameras. They of course calibrate and decide how obtrusive to be which is where I see some difference. Even the big companies don’t build this tech on their own and it’s actually quite complicated.

Fair enough.

Should be noted that before use of cameras, lasers were used for SCBS/SBS. AFAIK no other manufacturer was using lasers (happy to be corrected)

Also the current 360 set up in Mazdas looks different to other manufacturers.

I would like to clarify, in the past they might have been all or some inhouse, but now maybe not for everything.

At any rate, what ever they do they need to have in mind they are not a large manufacturer and therefore $$$ is a main issue

Last edited:
They definitely do a lot in house especially for their size. So many are not even designing their own transmissions anymore.

How so? They all use radar and cameras. They of course calibrate and decide how obtrusive to be which is where I see some difference. Even the big companies dont build this tech on their own and its actually quite complicated.

Half of that stuff comes from Mitsubishi or Denso haha

Fair enough.

Should be noted that before use of cameras, lasers were used for SCBS/SBS. AFAIK no other manufacturer was using lasers (happy to be corrected)

Also the current 360 set up in Mazdas looks different to other manufacturers.

I would like to clarify, in the past they might have been all or some inhouse, but now maybe not for everything.

At any rate, what ever they do they need to have in mind they are not a large manufacturer and therefore $$$ is a main issue

Which is why they should figure out how to stuff an existing cx9 power plant in the car, and use cx9 rotors and pads, stiffen up the sway bar and revalve the shocks, and call it a class killer. But instead, I'll use the old Nissan joke..."and for this year, an exciting new...shade of metallic gray!"

Which is why they should figure out how to stuff an existing cx9 power plant in the car, and use cx9 rotors and pads, stiffen up the sway bar and revalve the shocks, and call it a class killer. But instead, I'll use the old Nissan joke..."and for this year, an exciting new...shade of metallic gray!"

(iagree) would be good to get all that

Maybe this sort of thing is just not on Mazda's radar these days....

The CX-9 brakes might just fit. I wonder if anyone has tried it.

Current CX-5 brake sizes:

Petrol - Front 297mm Rear 303mm
Diesel - Front 320mm Rear 303mm

Current CX-9 brake size:

Front 320mm Rear 325mm

And on the petrol CX-5. That’s unusual. With every other car I’ve owned the front rotors were larger.

Here is actual screenshots from our brochures:

CX-5:

2wlv5zb.jpg

CX-9:

2zzi70w.jpg

They definitely do a lot in house especially for their size. So many are not even designing their own transmissions anymore.

True. I don't understand why manufactures would outsource engine, transmission or suspension. These are key components of any vehicle. I'm glad Mazda do these in house.

Back