2017 Owner's manual is now available online (U.S./Canada/Mexico)

Yes, Advanced BSM added more logic in software comparing the neighborhood vehicle speeds with the speed of itself. It'll alert you only fast approaching vehicles like you said, but won't for vehicles slower than you or the one you're passing. It greatly reduces number of alerts as the old BSM basically warns you for ANY vehicles NEAR you.

Yes, this is true, see what's going on with the new CX9 owners in video below, I rather have a BSM that alerts whenever there is a vehicle in the blind spot.

Last edited:
According to new car sales brochure of 2017 Mazda CX-5, it does have newer version ABSM.

So you're right, the owner's manual must be out of sync then, missing this minor update. Admittedly the 2017 model is still emerging, and owner's manuals will have revisions anyway.

Absm

So you're right, the owner's manual must be out of sync then, missing this minor update. Admittedly the 2017 model is still emerging, and owner's manuals will have revisions anyway.
Keep in mind though sometimes newer doesn't mean it's better. I'm sure you have read astriuminc's post earlier and many CX-9 owners prefer standard BSM after experienced ABSM. We'll find out once new CX-5's are in our dealer's lot around tax time! :)

Another change for 2017 CX-5:

• Recommended tire pressure for 225/55R19 99V on GT now is 35 psi, no longer 36 from previous gen. May be it's for a little softer ride?

Another change for 2017 CX-5:

• Recommended tire pressure for 225/55R19 99V on GT now is 35 psi, no longer 36 from previous gen. May be it's for a little softer ride?

It's certainly possible, but do we know for sure what brand and tire will be on it. Maybe they are not using the Toyo's?

Another change I just spotted is the USB is now rated 10.5 W (DC 5 V, 2.1 A) up from 1.0 A IIRC.

Interesting that it will record driving data that can be downloaded for fault finding or requested by the cops ��

Finally Mazda Australia updated the online owners manual to the 2018 model. Just downloaded it - 63.5MB

Aren't these already available , including 2018, at the Mazda Owner's website?

Aren't these already available , including 2018, at the Mazda Owner's website?

For us here in Oz land, not the updated KG. Only had KF.

KG manual has 360 view monitor details. KF only has side view monitor.

If ours was like USA's website, access would be available for one and all.

Yes, my silver CX-5 only came with a coloured pamphlet “quick start guide”. They rely on you to download the pdf version. It saves quite a lot of money and to be fair, a lot of owners never take it out of the glovebox or they take it out and stick it a cupboard never to be seen again so they can fill up the glovebox with clutter.

All the full manuals and guides are freely available on the website.

I don't get why car companies have been so slow to do this. If I was making the decisions at a car company I would put every manual for every car we make, OR EVER MADE, available online.

Latest posts

Back