2017 CX-5 -- Official Canadian Info

joe6864

Contributor
:
2017 CX-5 GT w/Tech Pkg
Since we've had no official communication about the Canadian 2017 details, a local Mazda dealer has graciously shared the Canadian Specification Guide and pricing info (some dealers are absolutely amazing!!!)

It looks to be mostly aligned with the USA details released, but here it is for your viewing pleasure!

Attachments

• 2017 Mazda CX-5.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 801
I sort of like the 2.0's dynamics. I find it a rev happy engine being its max HP is at 6,000 rpms and it redlines at 6800 rpm. Sounds like a nice peppy engine as max torque is moderately accessible at 4,000 rpms. So from 4k on through redline would sound sweet. Best of all it comes with a manual!!! Once again the U.S. gets snubbed. :(

I sort of like the 2.0's dynamics. I find it a rev happy engine being its max HP is at 6,000 rpms and it redlines at 6800 rpm. Sounds like a nice peppy engine as max torque is moderately accessible at 4,000 rpms. So from 4k on through redline would sound sweet. Best of all it comes with a manual!!! Once again the U.S. gets snubbed. :(

Agreed. With the 6MT, I've never had an issue with my 2.0. Never felt I needed any additional power. Just want AWD.....

Interesting, in the 2016.5 model the GS trim used to be the best value but it looks like in the 2017 model they are taking a step backwards and removing some features from the GS trim and putting them into optional packages or the GT trim. Navigation that was standard in 2016.5 models is now only found on the GT trim in the 2017. The power moonroof that was standard is now found in the Comfort package.

I was looking to get a CX-5 in a few months time but now I am wondering if the 2017 is worth it... The 2016.5 GS might be the best value especially after the 2017 comes out and the dealers want to get rid of the 2016 models.

I believe its a felt liner within the glove box.

giphy.gif

So the Bose system isn't even available as an option on the GS according to that :( This is going to get expensive...lol

haha, with taxes it would be north of 40k... strange that they would take such a step back on the features for the GS trim. It's almost like you must get the GT now or pick another brand

haha, with taxes it would be north of 40k... strange that they would take such a step back on the features for the GS trim. It's almost like you must get the GT now or pick another brand

Going to be even more with the diesel... *sigh*

I honestly don't really want the 19" wheels/tires. Just more $$ to replace, more unsprung weight and less compliant ride.

GT is their best seller apparently so not too surprising. At least they dropped the price compared to last year for Canadians... that's a nice touch!

its good to see the canadian model is identical or nearly wth the USDM market.

Imagine 17 CRV owners, the Canadian model gets PANORAMIC ROOF, AND HEATED REAR SEATS for the touring model. while the USDM only gets standard sunroof no panoramic option and no heated seats nor is there an option for it. The canada model might also come standard with heated steering wheel but I forget. I believe honda will release these as standard for the 18+ just to add new features to persuade buyers to buy the 18 instead of 17 for cheaper due to being an older year

Looks like this spec sheet also confirms there is no remote start system again with this model. I'm wondering if its an official mazda accessory add on. And I'm not talking about that crappy monthly fee based smart phone app, but a standard remote start on keyfob option that isn't an aftermarket one.

its good to see the canadian model is identical or nearly wth the USDM market.

Imagine 17 CRV owners, the Canadian model gets PANORAMIC ROOF, AND HEATED REAR SEATS for the touring model. while the USDM only gets standard sunroof no panoramic option and no heated seats nor is there an option for it. The canada model might also come standard with heated steering wheel but I forget. I believe honda will release these as standard for the 18+ just to add new features to persuade buyers to buy the 18 instead of 17 for cheaper due to being an older year

Looks like this spec sheet also confirms there is no remote start system again with this model. I'm wondering if its an official mazda accessory add on. And I'm not talking about that crappy monthly fee based smart phone app, but a standard remote start on keyfob option that isn't an aftermarket one.
Huh? I thought this was a CX-5 thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm also interested in remote start. Does Mazda have one that dealers can install that's integrated nicely with the fob? Or would a dealer just hack in a random aftermarket one I wonder.

⋯ Looks like this spec sheet also confirms there is no remote start system again with this model. I'm wondering if its an official mazda accessory add on. And I'm not talking about that crappy monthly fee based smart phone app, but a standard remote start on keyfob option that isn't an aftermarket one.
I'm also interested in remote start. Does Mazda have one that dealers can install that's integrated nicely with the fob? Or would a dealer just hack in a random aftermarket one I wonder.
Don't think Mazda did anything to improve its Remote Start function for new 2017 CX-5. The dealer-installed Remote Start accessory will have a separate key fob for remote start only; and Mazda Mobile Start is a slow smart phone app with monthly fee. 2017 Honda CR-V does offer factory Remote Start function built-in with the stock key fob. (Oops, can't say "CR-V" in CX-5 forum here!)

There are two ways - a cell phone app which i have not read a lot of good about.
2nd is another key fob you need to carry for remote start. That makes the whole 2 key fobs bulky. I would recommend you research this forum before pulling the trigger.
The cell phone app can start your car from anywhere in the world but not heard a ton of good reliability about it. If i were buying i would take the key fob and just carry the extra weight.

or you can go an aftermarket route with a Fortin, Compustar, or Viper remote start (depending on your dealer). Viper has a mobile app with a cheaper subscription than Mazda's mobile app. this will likely be a cheaper option than dealer installation.

There are two ways - a cell phone app which i have not read a lot of good about.
2nd is another key fob you need to carry for remote start. That makes the whole 2 key fobs bulky. I would recommend you research this forum before pulling the trigger.
The cell phone app can start your car from anywhere in the world but not heard a ton of good reliability about it. If i were buying i would take the key fob and just carry the extra weight.

Thx. Do you know if the Mazda starter is actually made by Mazda or a junk unit the dealer buys off the shelf? Concern is the easy/proper tie-in with the car instead of wire splicing required by aftermarket units. Not sure if anyone knows, but I've been wondering that.

Don't know why Mazda has decided to make the maximum engine torque for 2017 CX-5 AWD occurs at higher RPM than FWD? (uhm)

SkyActiv-G 2.5L
Horsepower SAE net187 @ 6,000 rpm
Torque SAE net lb-ft185 @ 3,250 rpm (FWD)
185 @ 4,000 rpm (AWD)

And for 2017 CX-5 the final ratio on FWD is still taller than AWD. This contradicts some people guessed the reason why the EPA fuel economy ratings are downgraded more on FWD than AWD:

Gear Ratios2.5L FWD 6AT2.5L AWD 6AT
Final drive4.3254.624

Back