2017 GT Premium package decision

If only they made a Hot Weather Package. Cooled vented seats, glove box cooler (hey I once had a Jetta that had one!), and one touch all window access via key fob.
Now this package my wife and I would be GLAD to pay for!

I think you'll see optional "cooled/vented" front seats in the near future in the CX5.

A humidifier in the glove box for cigars would certainly be an up-market move, although highly unlikely.

They'll probably make heated as standard whilst cooled/vented would be optional or part of a package

Late model Saabs had the cool glove box, too. My Volvo has 1 touch down all windows on the fob. But not up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If only they made a Hot Weather Package. Cooled vented seats, glove box cooler (hey I once had a Jetta that had one!), and one touch all window access via key fob.

I'd have ordered this too. I specifically told the dealer about the key fob windows. My wife hit them with it too.... my MINI had that a decade or more ago.

The more people speak up, the more they will get the idea and add it to the next update
This's exactly what we should do! I like CX-5um's idea of offering ventilated front seats like Lexus and many others, but prefer it to be a standard equipment on highest trim! "Cold Weather Package" can be an option though.

I think people are expecting BMW/Merc luxury in a sub 40K vehicle.....really? I'm not sure Mazda has that in mind while keeping them affordable. Brand loyalty goes so far, then it's "if this car is in X5 range, why not just get a X5?"

Agree BandK. There's only so much they can add while still being one of the value leaders.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If I can get cooled seats in a kia I should be able to get them in my Mazda...one touch windows yeah that too. Agreed they should break the premium pkg into something like climate pkg..I'd like the heated wheel and de-icers but don't care much for the other stuff so I'm not going to pay 18xx for that.

Mazda 100% has that in mind are you kidding? X5? Dude- I can't build a nice X1 for less than 10k over what my 17 CX-5 build costs- they have plennnty of room!!

If I can get cooled seats in a kia I should be able to get them in my Mazda...one touch windows yeah that too. Agreed they should break the premium pkg into something like climate pkg..I'd like the heated wheel and de-icers but don't care much for the other stuff so I'm not going to pay 18xx for that.

Mazda 100% has that in mind are you kidding? X5? Dude- I can't build a nice X1 for less than 10k over what my 17 CX-5 build costs- they have plennnty of room!!

A bit of hyperbpole, but what I think I'm reading is that you expect premiuim features and CX-5 prices NOT to go beyond what their current target pricepoint is?

I stand by this assertion.

I think people are expecting BMW/Merc luxury in a sub 40K vehicle.....really?

Something closer to CX-5

Audi Q3 Premium

From $31,800
https://g.co/kgs/9IpqAd

attachment.php

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/compare/Audi-Q3-vs-Mazda-CX-5_d2129_d2133

And don't conflate this with me 'poo pooing' the CX-5, I'm about take delivery of my 3d CX-5

Last edited:
No- I'm saying I and most buyers would likely be willing to pay an extra k or 2 for a few extra luxury features in topped out trim. Most CX-5s sell in GT trim here...and I'll bet we see at least some of what's been mentioned on a signature trim level in future MYs..

X5 is in a different stratosphere so not sure why that was mentioned. Just built a pretty comparable X1- no nav or HUD- but leather, premium AWD, cold weather total? $44,995!!

Last edited:
I'm not conflating (nice word) anything- I'm saying Mazda wants to take their brand upscale, buyers are speaking with strong GT take rates, the 17 AWD GT premium 33,465 vs an x1 @44-45 nicely equipped (not loaded) so yeah, I'm saying they have room. They can't approach 40k but they have some pricing room upmarket w/the CX-5 imho...

Last edited:
I think people are expecting BMW/Merc luxury in a sub 40K vehicle.....really? I'm not sure Mazda has that in mind while keeping them affordable. Brand loyalty goes so far, then it's "if this car is in X5 range, why not just get a X5?"

A compromise could be made. Example- Cooled vented driver seat...yes rest of occupants would have to wait :(

Kia has cooled seats on almost every model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aendr5_fin0

It can be done. Mazda merely needs to secure a parts vendor and offer it as an options package. Remember the CX-5's best selling trim is the GT. Mazda does a good job in packaging options at a decent price.

A compromise could be made. Example- Cooled vented driver seat...yes rest of occupants would have to wait :(

Kia has cooled seats on almost every model. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aendr5_fin0

It can be done. Mazda merely needs to secure a parts vendor and offer it as an options package. Remember the CX-5's best selling trim is the GT. Mazda does a good job in packaging options at a decent price.

I'd bet the "Signature" trim level comes out with some of these features everyone is asking for.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Yea, but does Kia have LED's standard? Does Kia have a heated steering wheel and rear seats? or a HUD? All this stuff adds up. And it's still a Kia. :p
I don't think there will be a signature edition. Mazda competes on price, for now. Maybe when they own more then 2% pf the US market they can toy around with moving more upscale. Entirely too small to do that now. I get it...some folks love those Mazda's and want them to add everything so they can continue to buy Mazda. Look, people.. sometimes you have to leave the marquee you love to get the things you want. :D

Latest posts

Back