2017 CX-5 Pics Thread

That Grey is fantastic looking. The Black is just amazing. Amazing. It blows the pants of any other CUV in the price range - possibly Jaguar's as well.

That Grey is fantastic looking. The Black is just amazing. Amazing. It blows the pants of any other CUV in the price range - possibly Jaguar's as well.

So many premium features packed into it at that price point.

The CX-5 is punching way above its weight IMHO. It literally has all the features my car that costs twice as much has, it's blind spot/cross traffic is superior as well.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah, the machine grey is a fantastic color. In some lights and certain angles, it's almost silver. In other lights and other angles, it's much darker. The metal flake is much finer than in some other Mazda colors. The finish is smooth and glossy, but it's almost as if the paint is a leather-like material with tiny grain and a dusting of body glitter, but then smoothed over with a deep, clear coat on top. Like I said, pictures don't do it justice, even though it looks good in pics. Here's the dealer's Sparq photo from delivery.

upload jpg
certificity.com

So many premium features packed into it at that price point.

The CX-5 is punching way above its weight IMHO. It literally has all the features my car that costs twice as much has, it's blind spot/cross traffic is superior as well.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

And that is what Mazda is trying to achieve. As much features and premium feel but not with the excessive price tag

Yeah, the machine grey is a fantastic color. In some lights and certain angles, it's almost silver. In other lights and other angles, it's much darker. The metal flake is much finer than in some other Mazda colors. The finish is smooth and glossy, but it's almost as if the paint is a leather-like material with tiny grain and a dusting of body glitter, but then smoothed over with a deep, clear coat on top. Like I said, pictures don't do it justice, even though it looks good in pics. Here's the dealer's Sparq photo from delivery.

upload jpg
certificity.com

If I am not mistaken, in sunlight it might show a slightly different colour :)

P.S Does look great!

Is that you or the sales guy, Ashe?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ooooh... very nice. That Machine Grey is a great colour addition

Matches up well with the factory wheels. I would have considered the MG but the wife's Camry Hybrid is a Magnetic Grey. I chose the Eternal Blue which is similar to my Blue Reflex Mica.

Last edited:
Matches up well with the factory wheels. I would have considered the MG but the wife's Camry Hybrid is a Magnetic Grey. I chose the Eternal Blue which is similar to my Blue Reflex Mica.

That's still a great colour

MG is a great color - the more I see of the 2017 GT the more it grows on me. If only my kids were of driving age...I would turn my 2016 GT over to them and punch the reset button.

If I am not mistaken, in sunlight it might show a slightly different colour :)

P.S Does look great!

It does sort of shift hue in direct light, different angles, under street lights, etc. Sometimes it takes on a subtle earth tone to soften the starkness of grey. It's a trippy color, and I like it much more than I thought I would.

Is that you or the sales guy, Ashe?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's me in the pic.

It does sort of shift hue in direct light, different angles, under street lights, etc. Sometimes it takes on a subtle earth tone to soften the starkness of grey. It's a trippy color, and I like it much more than I thought I would.

Thanks for introducing this color which I didn't pay much attention to before. I only realized just now it's based on the same tri-coat technology as soul red, using jet-black base pigment in this case. No wonder the unique effects, due to the subtle interplay between reflective flakes and underlying pigment in between. This explains the different effects under various incident lighting conditions.

http://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/release/2016/201603/160323a.html

Thanks for introducing this color which I didn't pay much attention to before. I only realized just now it's based on the same tri-coat technology as soul red, using jet-black base pigment in this case. No wonder the unique effects, due to the subtle interplay between reflective flakes and underlying pigment in between. This explains the different effects under various incident lighting conditions.

http://www2.mazda.com/en/publicity/release/2016/201603/160323a.html

That's interesting. If you look at machine grey in real life, subtle, striking, and very compelling. I liked the color at first glance, and have grown to love it over the past 2 days. It's amazing.

That's interesting. If you look at machine grey in real life, subtle, striking, and very compelling. I liked the color at first glance, and have grown to love it over the past 2 days. It's amazing.

I agree that you can't do the premium colors justice in a photo. Machine gray and especially the new red are stunning in person (under the correct light conditions). And just to be clear, I think many are unaware that the red on the 17 CX-5 is a new Soul Red called "Soul Red Crystal":

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/soul-red-crystal-symbolize-kodo-design/

If you think you know what this color looks like from the other Soul Red Mazdas on the road, it's even more stunning than that.

I agree that you can't do the premium colors justice in a photo. Machine gray and especially the new red are stunning in person (under the correct light conditions). And just to be clear, I think many are unaware that the red on the 17 CX-5 is a new Soul Red called "Soul Red Crystal":

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/press-release/soul-red-crystal-symbolize-kodo-design/

If you think you know what this color looks like from the other Soul Red Mazdas on the road, it's even more stunning than that.

Unfortunately it's been so wet and dreary in Western Washington that I have yet to really appreciate how good my Soul Red Crystal looks.

CX5grey.jpg

Can someone with better Photoshop skills than me show me what this might look like with all black wheels?

Ok, I tried anyway even though I'm not a Photoshop guru:

CX-5_black_wheels.jpg

Just was curious and I guess I (roughly) have my answer. (Ashe -- Hope you don't mind my virtual mod of your vehicle!)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back