2016 CX-5 GT w/Tech Package

It's not easy to quantify. I've read articles mentioning 10% and my salesperson said as high as 25%. All I can say is that it feels significantly quieter.

You probably won't be able to tell with current weather conditions but curious if Sport Button adjusts throttle sensitivity in addition to ship points on transmission..

You probably won't be able to tell with current weather conditions but curious if Sport Button adjusts throttle sensitivity in addition to ship points on transmission..

I was expecting something like this... :D

H8DGI4R.png

I haven't used sports mode yet. I'll use it tomorrow morning and let you know.

Glad to hear that! I complained to Mazda a lot about that and have done a great deal of sound deadening in mine. CX-5 is a great vehicle. Noise - Vibration - harshness is an area they need to improve. Glad to hear they are working on that.

Had a chance to try 'Sport' mode this morning. I felt an adjustment in throttle sensitivity as well as shift points on the transmission. I double checked with the manual to confirm I wasn't imagining this and that's exactly what it's supposed to do.

Had a chance to try 'Sport' mode this morning. I felt an adjustment in throttle sensitivity as well as shift points on the transmission. I double checked with the manual to confirm I wasn't imagining this and that's exactly what it's supposed to do.

Sounds about right. Probably doing the same engine adjustments that it does in the Mazda 3 for switching into sport mode.

Congrats on the car! Looks very nice. Do you happen to have an Android phone by any chance? If so, how's the connectivity with the phone? Music streaming quality? Any additional features?

Congrats on the car! Looks very nice. Do you happen to have an Android phone by any chance? If so, how's the connectivity with the phone? Music streaming quality? Any additional features?

Nope, no Android phone here. Haven't tried streaming music yet, but haven't had any issues with my wife's iPhone and my windows phone. I noticed yesterday text notifications isn't compatible with our phones ATM. Only seems to be working with a few Android phones.

Nope, no Android phone here. Haven't tried streaming music yet, but haven't had any issues with my wife's iPhone and my windows phone. I noticed yesterday text notifications isn't compatible with our phones ATM. Only seems to be working with a few Android phones.

I've never really looked at the capabilities of the system on the 3.

What apps are available on the new infotainment system? Are there other apps you can add as well?

Gotcha. I've heard the text notifications have been struggling to work with the past couple years of the Mazda infotainment system. My dealer has some in stock so will be going Friday or Saturday to test drive and see how it is. I really want to wait for android auto but I'll see how compatibility is now.

I've never really looked at the capabilities of the system on the 3.

What apps are available on the new infotainment system? Are there other apps you can add as well?

There aren't very many apps:
-HD Radio Map
-Fuel Economy Monitor
-Maintenance
-Warning Guidance

Haven't seen anything that would indicate apps can be added.

I just heard from my insurance broker that the insurance company is still unable to give her a rate for the car. Apparently the new model doesn't exist in their database. They now want me to scan my lease contract and email it in. Geebus.

kev, from everything we've seen it doesnt look like they brought it over this year. I'm thinking theyre going to throw it in the 2017 as one of their big features.

I Doubt that they would do that. It will problaby wait until the model gets a major refresh, maybe '18-'19 year range. But if they do add it next year I hope at least one could retro fit it into the 2016 models. Since other countries have the option I would think the wiring is there to get it to work. There's a thread about adding it in the how-to section but no one state side has done it yet. crossing my fingers it's possible. the mazda 6 looks like it uses the same steering wheel so it's maybe possible to use the 6 parts on the CX-5

Congrats. Have u used the adaptation cruise control and smart braking? Does it work the way it's supposed to. Is it a must have ?

Thanks.

I've used the radar cruise control feature a couple times and I find it works fairly well. It's definitely a nice to have, but probably not a must have.
To my knowledge, SCBS and brake assist have never engaged so I can't really say anything about them.

Thanks.

I've used the radar cruise control feature a couple times and I find it works fairly well. It's definitely a nice to have, but probably not a must have.
To my knowledge, SCBS and brake assist have never engaged so I can't really say anything about them.

I've inadvertently engaged my SCBS a couple of times. Leaving my office parking lot I go through a gate arm. With the wife's car I proceed through the gate before the arm is fully up. The Mazda's SCBS sees the arm and jams on the front brakes rather abruptly. Came close to putting the wife through the windshield once or twice. (naughty)

We have a 2016 - I have an iPhone 4s with OS8.2 and my lady has a Samsung S4. Her phone has performed flawlessly while mine has had a few connect issues to bluetooth but eventually has always connected. Calls and streaming work for both and i've even done audible audiobooks. We've both used the map and directions via bluetooth and usb and voice commands work over the infotainment audio. The only issue either of us have had was when we've tried to connect our playlists via usb. Loading seemed to take forever and we just stopped it and went back to bluetooth and kept the usb for charging.

Back