2016 CX-5 GT w/Tech Package

I cannot tell because I have not seen it IRL yet but your logo looks like one piece of plastic with the emblem encapsulated inside. On the other hand, the logo on the video has snow inside so it cannot be filled with plastic.
Anyway, it is just a logo. You have got a great car and I cannot wait to make an order. Dealers here will receive 2016s at the end of the month.

There are two different front logos(Mazda fly M emblem) because the radar cruise control is hidden behind the GTs with Tech Package that has the radar cruise control feature?

Last edited:
Ah, thanks for the info. Makes a lot of sense and explains why some of those 2016's had a different emblem.
I thought the radar cruise control was hidden behind the rearview mirror.

It's a 36 month lease. I could've gotten a pretty good deal on a 2015, but decided to go for a 2016 even though the dealer was not as inclined to budge on the pricing.
I got a 1% rate discount - owner renewal (so 1.99% instead of 2.99%), a few minor extras (winter mats, wheel locks, cargo net, cargo cover) and was let off the hook for some excess wear on the 2013 I was returning. Both mirror covers were scratched and there was a little road rash on two of the rims. The summer tires were also pretty worn out.

Thanks, I'm jealous and can't wait to have my own!! Sorry to dig here, but what was the total cost of the vehicle, monthly payment and cost of the vehicle at lease end??

Ah, thanks for the info. Makes a lot of sense and explains why some of those 2016's had a different emblem.
I thought the radar cruise control was hidden behind the rearview mirror.

The Radar Cruise Control, Smart Brake Support, and Forward Obstruction Warning use radar housed behind the front emblem.

The Smart City Brake Support (low speed) uses lasers mounted on the windshield.

The Lane Departure Warning and High Beam Control use a camera mounted on the windshield.

index_pht1.png

As an aside, its unprecedented to see cars priced in this range with this many next generation active and passive safety features.

Interesting, makes sense, MATR6.
Btw, the picture is amazing and I must agree that there is a lot of features for a car in this price range.

Thanks, I'm jealous and can't wait to have my own!! Sorry to dig here, but what was the total cost of the vehicle, monthly payment and cost of the vehicle at lease end??

I don't have the paperwork handy but when I signed the lease agreement back in January, the dealer didn't know what the actual residual value was going to be. He used 57% as a baseline on the paperwork and noted it could go up or down. When they called me to let me know I would be able to pick it up yesterday, he said it either went up or down by 1% - can't remember. So it's between 56% and 58%, at least up here in Canada. Including taxes and fees, the total cost of the vehicle was just shy of 40k.

Cars are a lot more expensive up here :(

Last edited:
I'm getting close to 200km now and can say I really love this car. Seems to drive and behave even better than the 2013 - it feels a lot more solid.

However, I might have a first issue. This morning, the LED headlight warning light came on, as it always does when the ignition is turned on, but it stayed on for the duration of the drive. I turned the engine off and restarted it and now everything seems back to normal. Will monitor and report to dealer if necessary.

Congratulations! Nice car!

Any info about that enigmatic SPORT switch near the Shifter? :D

Thanks!
Gee, I dunno? :) I actually haven't tried it yet, the roads are covered in snow still and I've been driving carefully. Hoping it's as much fun as on a BMW 328i.

Is the front Mazda logo encased in plastic? It looks a little weird in one of your photos.

It is. Kedis82ZE8 is right, that's where the radar cruise control sensor is housed.
It does look a little funny depending on the angle.

yeah Emblem is similar to Mercedes Benz with similar tech features. It's ugly, but at least the Mazda one isn't as LARGE as the MB.

At least it is centered on the CX. The one on my G35 is on drivers side of the car.

••This isn't my exact car but pic I found of sensor.

DSC_2351.jpg

I saw a red '16 today.. actually I didn't realize it until I was up close and noticed the grill. The headlights seemed a slightly different color than HIDS so must be the LEDs. They must have had it for at least a few weeks since license plates were already on it. They were not dealer plates either.

Cool, another soul red '16! Was it a GT? Did you notice the 19" rims? Haven't seen them on a running car IRL yet.

Back