2012 CX-9 Aftermarket Headrest DVD

Jonsie_41

:
2012 Mazda CX-9
Got the front windows tinted in the CX-9 yesterday and was taking to the rep at the local custom car shop. I mentioned the wife was interested in adding DVD headrest to the truck, he said that there is only one manufacturer that has the units that match the shape and color of the stock headrest. Anyone know who that company is?

most likely visualogic or audiovox. i have the visualogic in my vehicle 10in touchscreens they work great. they are a headrest replacement so its not an exact match but you cant really tell the difference.
by the way, i am a car audio installer

Nosbusa: The wife and I are also in the market. I'm looking at the visualogic 7" monitors. Do you recommend buying their complete package which includes the dvd player or buying just the monitor package and going with another dvd player?

Also do you have any pics of the headrests? If they look ok I'll go that route instead of buying monitors and having them installed in my existing headrests.

thanks for any info you can provide.

I've been looking at this also, we have not bought the CX-9 yet, but looking at solutions, since we want the moonroof, but do not want an aftermarket roof mounted DVD player.

It seems like the factory match (shape, leather, color) DVD headrests are from Advent/Audiovox, HR7011. They look like they run $1000+ for two headrests. Includes DVD, games, USB support.

Here's some info I've found so far (too bad no reviews though):
headrestvideo ($1399) Also has links to user manuals.
Video of HR7011
Installer Info Page

If you check them out, please let us know the results / what you think.

Nosbusa: The wife and I are also in the market. I'm looking at the visualogic 7" monitors. Do you recommend buying their complete package which includes the dvd player or buying just the monitor package and going with another dvd player?

Also do you have any pics of the headrests? If they look ok I'll go that route instead of buying monitors and having them installed in my existing headrests.

thanks for any info you can provide.

sorry, i've been out a while. i prefer the units that have the dvd player. my oldest daughter can control everything from the backseat. since i have an aftermarket nav, the units are compatable with each other.nmeaning i can see whats on their screen and they can see whats on my screen

i will post pics soon

Last edited:
I just installed the Onfair Autotain touch screen headrests in our 2012 CX-9 and they are pretty great. Surely beats the $950 that the deal wanted to charge me!

How have the Onfair headrests held up?

I just installed the Onfair Autotain touch screen headrests in our 2012 CX-9 and they are pretty great. Surely beats the $950 that the deal wanted to charge me!

They sound great...how did the color match up with your seats? Are they a quality product that will last over time? Any concerns? How were they to install?

I still have the onfair dvd headrest and its still working and have no problems playing divx movies, I had it installed on Nov 2010 if im not mistaken

Back