Retrofitting SiriusXM? 2023 CX-9

:
Florida, USA
:
23 CX-9 Touring+
09 6i Sport(former)
When I got my 23 CX-9 Touring Plus back in May I was disappointed to find out that the Infotainment system "update" removed SiriusXM from the lower trims. It was only available with the upgraded stereo/nav which I would have gotten as an option, but I wasn't willing to pay way more for a higher trim. I have poked around at adding it to my car. As far as I can tell, it isn't SiriusXM ready, and they use a different antenna and wiring between the models that do and don't have it? It is hard to tell without a shop manual for the car (another conversation entirely.)

What have you done? Just gone with an aftermarket solution? TIA

When I got my 23 CX-9 Touring Plus back in May I was disappointed to find out that the Infotainment system "update" removed SiriusXM from the lower trims. It was only available with the upgraded stereo/nav which I would have gotten as an option, but I wasn't willing to pay way more for a higher trim. I have poked around at adding it to my car. As far as I can tell, it isn't SiriusXM ready, and they use a different antenna and wiring between the models that do and don't have it? It is hard to tell without a shop manual for the car (another conversation entirely.)

What have you done? Just gone with an aftermarket solution? TIA
If you have an Apple phone have you tried receiving Sirius broadcasts through CarPlay?

Mazda has always only offered it on the upper trims. Which I don't get if you are SiriusXM and want to get in as many cars as you possibly can.
If I had to have it, I would try this: A Guide To SiriusXM® Satellite Radio in Mazdas | VAIS Tech
I have looked at the box and it seems to be about as close as you could get to a factory integration. I was wondering if you could use the built-in antenna in the car, which lead me down the rabbit hole of finding out they use different antennas and wiring?
If you have an Apple phone have you tried receiving Sirius broadcasts through CarPlay?
I have an Android and use Android Auto. I prefer the actual satellite connection because I take my car into Vermont for several months at a time and cell service is spotty or non-existent in many places. You can't switch channels via the steering wheel controls as far as I can tell, although that is probably a limitation of the app itself.

Back