2010 Mazdaspeed3 Officially Launched in Japan

I agree. To me it's one of those cars I kind of, sort of like, but would never buy one either.

I am absolutely starting to dig this car...I can't wait to see one in person. I may even give it a spin

Still hasnt grown on me yet but its nice to see a side by side pic. I still cant get over that front end, the rest isnt too bad.

Still hasnt grown on me yet but its nice to see a side by side pic. I still cant get over that front end, the rest isnt too bad.
More side by side. It kind of makes the first gen look outdated.

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

Intensely studying those pics and breaking it down to basic design, the only part of the car that is changed for the 2010's is the front end.
You can take an 09 and tweak it a bit and there pretty much is no difference...just that front end.

More pics of white and interior. It looks like they have HIDs and LED tails, a luxury we're not getting unless they have a GT version.

P1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

oh man something about the whites that gets me... I'm trying to make myself like the front end.

I see the hood up in one of the pics do you have an engine bay shot?

The nose and hood is hideous. The rest of the design (windshield back) is much-improved in my opinion.

ya, it does make the first gen look old! i'm not a big fan of the grill, but i could get into this car...the scoop makes it look so much more aggressive...imho

Did they drop the MPS name in Japan or somethin??? Why are they badged as Mazdaspeed's over there??
It was never MPS in Japan.

Madza 3 MPS = Europe
Mazdaspeed Axela = Japan
Mazdaspeed 3 = North America

Last edited:
I like the air inlet in the hood and the fact that it's not too intrusive. I just don't like anything else about that front clip. It looks like a Matrix crossed with a Mini Cooper.

Back