"2.3" emblems on the side doors

(hah) "Warrentied Item" but seriously it is considered a warenty item to most car companies...like the 01 dodges that had the words "Dodge" loved to fade and turn clear after like 6 months and were replaced each time under warrenty. When the 2.3 badges fade to include the on my dash I'll remove then and finally shave the car.

jeffle said:
Did you ever get an answer to your question? cause I would like to know the answer too thanks

I think I will follow the advise of the board and ask the dealer if they could install them for free or give me the badges and I'll install them myself. I will be going to the dealer in the next couple of weeks, I will let you know what happens. C

let dealer do it cause the template is paper cut out for you and magnetic for dealer...

I asked my dealer about the badges when I went in for my oil change. They wanted $40 for 2 badges and $40 to install them! EIGHTY DOLLARS!!!! F that. I am gonna get some from mazdastuff.com and put them on myself!

OK so I sent an email through MazdaUSA's website, here is the email:
When I went for my first oil change I asked my dealer about the 2.3 badges for the Mazda3, which my car did not have but all the others on the lot do. They wanted EIGHTY DOLLARS to put the badges on. I almost had a heart attack. I have read in numerous discussion forums that people have gone to the dealer and had the missing badges put on happily for free. Is there any way I can get these badges from MazdaUSA rather than from the dealer?
We will see what happens!

3junky said:
OK so I sent an email through MazdaUSA's website, here is the email:
When I went for my first oil change I asked my dealer about the 2.3 badges for the Mazda3, which my car did not have but all the others on the lot do. They wanted EIGHTY DOLLARS to put the badges on. I almost had a heart attack. I have read in numerous discussion forums that people have gone to the dealer and had the missing badges put on happily for free. Is there any way I can get these badges from MazdaUSA rather than from the dealer?
We will see what happens!

That's pretty messed up what your dealer said. You should ask them if they've heard of this thing called the internet. Most likely they'll say yes, then tell them to check out this thread.

When I got my 5-door, it didn't have the badges. I asked the dealer and he told me that it would be $100 to install some. I told him to *&^ off. I started talking to the parts guy and he told me they were $10 each. Got them, and installed them in 10 min. They come with a template to get them positioned correctly.

That's funny, charging customers an hour of labour in order to put some stinkin' badges on a car. Priceless. :D

wow... here in Canada, the 2.3 badges are offered free to anyone who deserves them (anyone with a 2.3L engine)

Instalation is of course also free.

I was told by my dealer that it was an oversight at the factory and that they belong on car. Free of charge.

well pree 03 mazda V6 didn't get badges so the look like 2.3 but will own the civic like 50 cent attacking a guy with muscular distophy who mistakes them for a 2.3. the pre 04 3s did the same where there were no badges. mazdastuff has them..if you only order 1 for like the dash or the trunk they will be nice enough to send you an email asking if you want 2 cause the shipping will be same price.

Last edited:
Back