2.0t03speed's MSP Build Thread

I barely tuck 215/45's.my fenders are rolled flat and I'm running -1.8 camber in front and -2 in the rear and I still rub sometimes.I love my d2 coilovers they ride so nice. Also yes they have adjustable camber plates up top and slotted bolt holes on the hub mounting holes.

Word. We can race lol. Just kidding. I don't advocate speeding, especially in a non-controlled race conducive environment.

I barely tuck 215/45's.my fenders are rolled flat and I'm running -1.8 camber in front and -2 in the rear and I still rub sometimes.I love my d2 coilovers they ride so nice. Also yes they have adjustable camber plates up top and slotted bolt holes on the hub mounting holes.

Ok so I now know I have to roll my fenders still.. Will be doing rust treatment when rolling them.. But I think I might end up trying the 215's but hopefully they don't rub.. Also are d2's pillow top mounts? Sounds like these are worth the money, would you say they max out camber at -3?

Also are you running any other aides in camber besides the coils or just coils

Yes they are pillow top mounts and when I had them I got 3.5 in the front and 3 in rear. I would highly recommend them for street/dd there not so great on the track tho because of how soft the spring rate is.

let's see......i finished the wire tuck(extended the remaining 2 wires). i also sent my final payment for the set of twiggy cams/focus cam gears. I can't wait to get them installed.

oh also i just took the protege on its first road trip(3.5 hrs) since it was recommissioned in October. It wen't great ran perfectly and gave me 0 problems. Funny side note: on the way to nova i stopped to get gas and a bite to eat. Went in said gas station order a cheese burger and wait for my food. All of a sudden a guy comes up to me and says "is that your protege?". Turns out he's a fellow msp owner hahah. What a strangely small world we live in. I get off the interstate in a town I've never been in and right off the bat run into a person that's owned one of these rare cars.

oh also i just took the protege on its first road trip(3.5 hrs) since it was recommissioned in October. It wen't great ran perfectly and gave me 0 problems. Funny side note: on the way to nova i stopped to get gas and a bite to eat. Went in said gas station order a cheese burger and wait for my food. All of a sudden a guy comes up to me and says "is that your protege?". Turns out he's a fellow msp owner hahah. What a strangely small world we live in. I get off the interstate in a town I've never been in and right off the bat run into a person that's owned one of these rare cars.

Small world... On a side note next time you head up this way hit me up... Would love to see this thing in person now that it's been overhauled.

next phase of mods for the msp are all comfort mods for me. I plan on swapping my medieval front and rear motor mounts out for stock mounts w/ corksport inserts. I also want to get a magnaflow 3" 200 cell cat & a magnaflow 6" round straight through muffler to quiet the exhaust down. it's by no means super loud right now, but i still want it to be quieter.

I hear that....installing the Medieval rear mm is the worst thing I ever did to this car

yea i figure stock mounts w/ inserts should be enough. Especially since i have solid awr passenger and transmission mounts

Back