1st Official Photo of the 2014 Mazda6

Here it is.....WOW!

2014-Mazda6-1_2.jpg

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-official-photo-of-all-new-2014.html

First thread posted in our new 2014 Mazda6 Forum as well...Nice find, thanks for posting a heads up! (2thumbs)

I've also spruced up your thread a bit and embedded the image...With that design and the full SkyActiv treatment, the new Mazda6 is looking VERY promising...I hope it becomes a success like the CX-5.

If the gasonline engine will be the same 150BHP naturraly aspirated as in the 3 and cx-5 and no MPS version as the current gen, I'll be very disappointed.

??? It doesn't (can't tell for sure) have dual exhaust? Why the generic tail pipe instead of carrying forward the cool built-in exhaust tips seen on the Takeri concept? LAME - we're not driving a Mazda 2 for godsake!

120725bb.jpg

Last edited:
oh... and where is the rear spoiler? Mazda better have some options to build this 6 out so that its not just another family sedan.

be aware, the pictures are the russian spec model, since its destined for debut at the moscow auto show.

^ it does say global, so I don't think there is going to be two different versions this time around. Or maybe there will be? I can't tell. I hope not though :( they gave us the bad version last time.

Last edited:
its a "Global" premier because its the first time the car will be shown. trim and specs can change between markets. the us version might have different standard options, for instance, but the basic car will be the same.

Engine of the US Mazda6 should be a Skyactiv-G 2.5L making more than 180hp (targeting 200hp).
This new engine will also be on CX5 as an optional engine next year.
Target MPG is 40mpg on highways, and 30mpg on city streets.
Likely that iEloop must be included in the US version to make the 40mpg target.

Outside USA, 2.0G might be the base engine with 2.5G as an option.

Last edited:
Engine of the US Mazda6 should be a Skyactiv-G 2.5L making more than 180hp (targeting 200hp).
This new engine will also be on CX5 as an optional engine next year.
Target MPG is 40mpg on highways, and 30mpg on city streets.
Likely that iEloop must be included in the US version to make the 40mpg target.

Outside USA, 2.0G might be the base engine with 2.5G as an option.

I hope your right about the engine on the CX-5.

I hope your right about the engine on the CX-5.

My info is based on all sources I gathered, some from insiders and other from words of an US VP.
I am pretty sure about it.
CX9 will get a version of Ford's 3.7L V6 (carry over or new version since there is no V6 Skyactiv engine)
and a turbo Skyactiv-G 2.5 later. i.e. you will see the mix of
- 2.0G
- 2.5G
- 2.2D
- 2.5G Turbo
- (and a outsourced V6 from Ford)
on Mazda lineup. That is likely the future of Mazda's powertrain plan.
Also, a hybrid powertrain based on rotary engine is in the work.

I like that there putting a 2.5 turbo in the car but heres the real question; will the turbo version be AWD?

I don't see why not? Turbo I4 2.5L will put out more than 300+hp/330+ft-lb.
(ref: Ford's 2.0L EcoBoost develops 240hp/270ft-lb).
If there will be a Speed6, it might also have this turbo-2.5G.
A Mazda Speed6 with 300+hp!!! Sweet!

BTW, the turbo diesel 2.2 is coming to US on CX5 and Mazda6,
and maybe for CX9 also.

Last edited:
Mazda won't be using anything from Ford anymore since Ford sold off the last of its shares. They are no longer partners for sharing platforms, technology, or drivetrains. The 6 will likely have the same 13:1 2.0G as the CX-5 as a base engine while the 2.2D will be optional. I don't believe Mazda was planing to develop a Skyactiv-G motor any bigger than 2.0L

Read this please.
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/07/2014-mazda6-to-get-larger-2-5l-skyactiv-engine.html

When the 2014 Mazda 6 launches into the mid-size sedan segment it’s expected to be offered with two all-new powertrains, including a long-rumored diesel, as well as a larger displacement Skyactiv gasoline engine.

According to details provided by a tipster, the new Mazda6 sedan was recently shown to Mazda dealers in Chicago with engine details. The Skyactiv-D diesel engine will be offered as an option, marking the first time a diesel engine will come equipped in a Japanese car in North America. While no details have yet been provided on the Skyactiv-D powertrain, it’s expected to deliver around 165-hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. An on-sale date of October 2013 is planned.

While the weight of the 2014 Mazda6 is set to be around 3,000 lbs, even then the brand’s new Skyactiv-G gasoline 2.0-liter engine is likely to be underpowered for such a large vehicle, which in the CX-5 makes 155 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque. This issue will be solved with a new 2.5-liter version of that motor,which should make over 170 hp and torque.

That very engine is then also scheduled to be offered as an optional motor in the CX-5.

Last edited:
In case you don't know, Mazda called a meeting n Chicago with dealership owners and key persons.
The Mazda6 was shown in the meeting with details. It is hard to keep a secret of Mazda6 now.
2.5L is confirmed for USA. Not a rumours. Only the extreme stupid make the same mistake TWICE.
Putting 2.0G on CX5 is a mistake in USA. Americans love powerful engines.

The V6 rumours of CX9 is from the meeting.
Though, Ford no longer owns as many shares as in the past, business is business. If Mazda needs the
V6 for a couple more years, why not? There are lots of mechanical/electronic parts on a CX9 are
from Toyota. Does Toyota own any Mazda shares? No. Again, business is business.

Hell yeah bring on the CX-5 with 2.5L! I'm so glad I waited as I had a sneaking suspicion Mazda would do the CX-5 like they did my 2007 CX-9 by offering a larger motor the very next model year. If true, I will trade my 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara for a 2014 CX-5! Oh... and depending on what the new 6 really is, I may trade in my CX-9 for it.

Last edited:
Back