1st Official Photo of the 2014 Mazda6

The new 6 was built off the platform of the CX-5, so the platform supports AWD, which makes the possibility of an MPS/Mazdaspeed version entirely credible.

??? It doesn't (can't tell for sure) have dual exhaust? Why the generic tail pipe instead of carrying forward the cool built-in exhaust tips seen on the Takeri concept? LAME - we're not driving a Mazda 2 for godsake!

120725bb.jpg

Typically single sided exhaust systems are opposite side of gas tank. Being they are the same side, i would guess its dual

That means they changed plans from when Skyactiv was first being developed as they stated they didn't foresee the need to develop one bigger than 2.0L. I'd like to see what Toyota parts are in a CX-9 and if the CX-9 makes it to a second generation, it won't be using any power train from Ford. Ford has zero shares of Mazda. When they sold their shares they announced they would be going their separate ways. Over the years there's been a lot of "confirmations" over the years from "credible sources" but not directly from Mazda that has never came to be. I'll wait until Mazda announce the official details themselves.

I'd like to see what Toyota parts are in a CX-9
transmission: Aisin: owned by Toyota. Supply transmission to Lexus/Toyota/Volvo/.... #3/4 in the world
GPS system: Denso: owned by Toyota. If we talk about non-powertrain items...

Last edited:
Not a valid argument as they are companies that Toyota have interest in but Toyota does not produce. If you want to get technical like that many vehicles have Mitsubishi parts since Mitsubishi is also an electronics manufacturer. I don't count this since it's a completely separate portion of the company than the vehicle assembly line. Show me a Toyota manufactured part on the CX-9 and you'll have a valid point.

Ford has zero shares of Mazda..

Sure about that?
http://www.avafin.com/articles/1016153.html
Still 3.5%.

http://www.reliableplant.com/Read/18384/toyota-lean-enterprise
Japanese automakers are not like Ford. They own (shareholding) a hierarchy of part suppliers
that are loyal to them. This is their way to keep company lean and flexible.
Toyota does not produce transmission in-house. Without approval of Toyota,
it is impossible to have Aisin transmission on a CX9.
So, I think we can call Aisin's transmission "Toyota transmission". If you disagree,
that is fine with me.
However, based on that reasoning, there is no "Toyota transmission" nowadays.

Last edited:
Mazda won't be using anything from Ford anymore since Ford sold off the last of its shares. They are no longer partners for sharing platforms, technology, or drivetrains. The 6 will likely have the same 13:1 2.0G as the CX-5 as a base engine while the 2.2D will be optional. I don't believe Mazda was planing to develop a Skyactiv-G motor any bigger than 2.0L

We will not see the 2.0L in North America. We will be getting a 2.5L gas and 2.2L diesel.

And the Kudo design language and Skyactiv technologies will bring Mazda to the top of its vehicle classes.

I'll take mine in blue.

2014-mazda-6-photo-471893-s-986x603.jpg

2014-mazda-6-photo-471897-s-986x603.jpg

2014-mazda-6-photo-471896-s-986x603.jpg

2014-mazda-6-interior-photo-471904-s-986x603.jpg

Latest posts

Back