100K MP5 Club

About to roll over 123,000 and on its first motor, trans, basically every thing is original. But I drive all highway miles. My P5 had 80,000 on it when i bought it last year in july. So 43,000 miles, 16 oil changes, and a set of tires later and she is still running strong.

225K+. It's getting kinda scary to drive. Car needs to come off the road and get an overhaul. At the minimum a clutch, windshield, roof repair (rust) and all of the suspension bushings.

:O your car still has the stock clutch?!! dam man, u def need to get that replaced

i got mine replaced at around 180k and im at 207 now :) rebuilding the engine and going turbo in the next week

Last edited:
yeah but i baby it my third is a little sketchy but still works fineand its all high way miles. 25 miles each way nothing but highway speeds, plus numerous business trips to florida, tennessee, michigan, connetticut, newyork, and south carolina

:O your car still has the stock clutch?!! dam man, u def need to get that replaced

i got mine replaced at around 180k and im at 207 now :) rebuilding the engine and going turbo in the next week

it's been fine. Just releases too low. Still can grab 2nd. Heck, had the stock timing belt until 209K, replaced that for the hell of it..And my speedo has been 5mph slow at 50mph since 177K so, I've technically got even MORE milage...

my car originally has 57,000....sadly i just seized the motor about 3 days ago. But (lurk)i just bought a 180,000 mile engine for my 99 pro 1.6l runs like a champ

well my car will have more mileage soon but the engine will be nice and fresh, just finished taking it out of the car today for a rebuild, forged internals and turbo will be coming soon!

hope the rest of my car can take it lol
207k and it was goin strong when i took it out

well forged rods, forged pistons, pretty much it for the forged parts
you need a complete gasket set, ARP Head and Main studs wouldnt hurt but stock would be fine, need a local machine shop to bore the block out depending on how bad the wear is, most engines dont wear out and could use stock size pistons with just a hone, but i decided to be safe and get .020 oversize and just have it bored out and honed

then of course you need all the turbo shizz but yea, if you wanted to do the bare minimum, then just forged rods, forged pistons, and a gasket set and you would have a almost new engine lol

noice

you need a complete gasket set, ARP Head and Main studs wouldnt hurt but stock would be fine, need a local machine shop to bore the block out depending on how bad the wear is, most engines dont wear out and could use stock size pistons with just a hone, but i decided to be safe and get .020 oversize and just have it bored out and honed

then of course you need all the turbo shizz but yea, if you wanted to do the bare minimum, then just forged rods, forged pistons, and a gasket set and you would have a almost new engine lol

nice dude thats exactly what i wanted to hear so that will make this 180,000 old lady really shake her tail feathers

change out the thrust washers, main bearings, and rod bearings too :)
might as well get the good stuff if your going forged...

questions

and actually dude ive looked on like protege garage and it seems im having a hard time trying to find a complete gasket set for a 1.6l or will the 2.0l complete gasket set fit the 1.6l probably not but my mother always said it never hurts to ask

ummm...s*** man, idk much about the 1.6l engines so i cant really answer that
you'd be better off asking ken (owner of protege garage) he probably knows the answer

but if you order the gasket set, the one for the 2.0l, then it should come with the thrust washers, main, and rod bearings so dont worry about those

im thinking the 1.6l engine may be completely different though..

ummm...s*** man, idk much about the 1.6l engines so i cant really answer that
you'd be better off asking ken (owner of protege garage) he probably knows the answer

but if you order the gasket set, the one for the 2.0l, then it should come with the thrust washers, main, and rod bearings so dont worry about those

im thinking the 1.6l engine may be completely different though..

i ordered the complete cometic gasket + head gasket set from pg... it didn't come with any engine bearings or thrust washers... but yes like jus said... ask Ken at pg he'll take care of ya

i was confused too when you said you have a 1.6L engine being in the mp5 thread... but everyone here is quite helpful

2002 P5 spinning up to 187k. I'm pretty sure I got a leaking fuel injector so i'm going to be getting that soon. aside from that It still kills from the stop light.

i ordered the complete cometic gasket + head gasket set from pg... it didn't come with any engine bearings or thrust washers... but yes like jus said... ask Ken at pg he'll take care of ya

i was confused too when you said you have a 1.6L engine being in the mp5 thread... but everyone here is quite helpful

yea no doubt u guys get mad Mazda props for all the info but the really big reason that i even got hear is because one of you mp5 owners has as many miles as my wonky little non msp protege lol

Back