Broke my CX-5 side mirror

7eregrine

The man, the myth, the legend
:
Land of Cleve
:
2016.5 CX5
Stupid garage! Reached out and hit my drivers side mirror. 2 pieces broke off the back, an upper piece and a lower piece.
The upper piece, scratched up a bit, I was able to get back into place. Put some black duct tape on it to hold it. But the lower piece fell to the ground and i ran it over. :(
I was all over the Mazda parts site but I can't seem to find the lower piece that I crushed. The part number on the lower piece, when I Google that, comes back as the entire headlight assembly.
Anyone have a few minutes to help me figure out if I can buy that lower piece? Can't take a photo right now as it happened late last night and wife uses that car to commute and I knew a snowstorm was coming so I taped it up and made sure it still worked. Everything still works (Blind spot, mirror motor).

Which part?

5119.gif

Sorry to hear brother.

I did something similar years ago and let me tell you it was a royal PITA to replace the part myself. The inner door panel came off, most of the plastic clips broke and then I had to get new ones and even then had a hell of a time getting the door panel to go back on properly after I replaced the mirror assembly (part 69-12ZA/ZY on that image above).

Yea, that's the page I was looking at on the official Mazda site.
Confused because 69-125 looks like it should be the one piece on the upper part but then what is 69-12ZA? I was hoping to just buy the pieces and snap em on. Wishful thinking i suppose because, Yea Colorado. I saw a HOW TO on replacing the entire mirror assembly. Surely can't be that hard, right? I said before I looked... Yea, there's ZERO way I am going to remove all that to try and do this myself. I'd never get that back together correctly.
Off to the dealer, I suppose. :(

If you have a good body shop nearby, you might try them. They are expert at both finding parts like that AND installing them, and probably cheaper than a dealer.

Ohhh. Missed that. Thanks. None for my car.
Appreciate the help though. I'll call you-know-who. LOL

Stupid garage! Reached out and hit my drivers side mirror. 2 pieces broke off the back, an upper piece and a lower piece.
The upper piece, scratched up a bit, I was able to get back into place. Put some black duct tape on it to hold it. But the lower piece fell to the ground and i ran it over. :(
I was all over the Mazda parts site but I can't seem to find the lower piece that I crushed. The part number on the lower piece, when I Google that, comes back as the entire headlight assembly.
Anyone have a few minutes to help me figure out if I can buy that lower piece? Can't take a photo right now as it happened late last night and wife uses that car to commute and I knew a snowstorm was coming so I taped it up and made sure it still worked. Everything still works (Blind spot, mirror motor).
Same thing here, I scraped up outer mirror cover on my 2021 CX5 Carbon. Searching for replacement cover in jet black. I came upon this:
Seems a bit pricy for a piece of plastic. Plus $12. shipping
All the aftermarket items appear to be covers that go over existing part and held in place with double sided tape.

As for the lower part, take a look at this.

Back