100K MP5 Club

Joined the club today on my way home from work....silly me forgot a camera to capture the event.

(huh)how could you forget man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(nuts)

Attachments

• 100K.JPG
    100K.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 310
High Mileage, Oil type?

For those of you with over 100k and little or no issues with burning oil, etc. What kind of oil are you running? I just picked one up with 70k on the clock and the previous owner has only used synthetic. Kind of concerned about that... Just had it changed at the dealer who uses a regular/synthetic blend. Any comments on oil type?

For those of you with over 100k and little or no issues with burning oil, etc. What kind of oil are you running? I just picked one up with 70k on the clock and the previous owner has only used synthetic. Kind of concerned about that... Just had it changed at the dealer who uses a regular/synthetic blend. Any comments on oil type?

I just use whatever the oil change place throws in it and its not syn I know that much.

Edit: I burn/blow by from pcv valve about .5 qrt every 3k miles.

i ran dino oil for the first 20k, mobil 1 since...115K right now...over 3k miles i'm down prob 1/2 quart, maybe?

I have used 5w30 mobil 1 since 1st 1000 miles, car has 160,000 miles now and maybe burns 1/4 qt over 5000 miles? I changed the oil every 5K.

For the first 180,000 miles I used Castrol GTX 5w20 (non-synthetic), and for the past 18,000 miles Quaker State 5w20 (same here). I usually go 4-6K miles between changes, and it burns zero to very little oil. I drive a bunch and check the oil several times between changes, and have never had to add a drop, always at the full line. Purrs like a kitten. Goodnight!

Back