Front end bra?

BS! The place that does the $399 is the best in the nation. Official BMW Perf Driving School installer, and where LLumar sends it reps to learn the process...

$399 is just for their bumper only package. You want full hood, fenders, mirrors, etc and it costs $2k. That's the best way to go because bumper only doesn't protect your hood from all the rock chips and if it goes through the primer on the hood you can have rust.

$399 is just for their bumper only package. You want full hood, fenders, mirrors, etc and it costs $2k. That's the best way to go because bumper only doesn't protect your hood from all the rock chips and if it goes through the primer on the hood you can have rust.

It's more than the bumper, it includes 18-24 inches of the hood, partial fenders, mirrors, and a detail job with clay bar, and paint correction to boot. Rest of the hood for $100 more.

Btw, I'm not a client of the place, nor do I have PPF on any of my cars. I have seen a mass amount of their work though...I wanted to allow them to do ceramic tint, but I can't pay $500 for a tint job...

Last edited:
BS! The place that does the $399 is the best in the nation. Official BMW Perf Driving School installer, and where LLumar sends it reps to learn the process...

I wonder how much of a film we are talking then, sounds like just the bumper, 1/3 hood, 1/3 fenders, for quality install at $399.

It's more than the bumper, it includes 18-24 inches of the hood, partial fenders, mirrors, and a detail job with clay bar, and paint correction to boot. Rest of the hood for $100 more.

Btw, I'm not a client of the place, nor do I have PPF on any of my cars. I have seen a mass amount of their work though...I wanted to allow them to do ceramic tint, but I can't pay $500 for a tint job...

Ceramic tint is worth it. So is the extra $100 to do full hood, and have them do full fenders, too. I've had it both ways. Spend the money.

Ceramic tint is worth it. So is the extra $100 to do full hood, and have them do full fenders, too. I've had it both ways. Spend the money.

I hear ya! It is rather tempting still, but I can't get the lady on board at $500. May settle for just the fronts for now.

I wonder how much of a film we are talking then, sounds like just the bumper, 1/3 hood, 1/3 fenders, for quality install at $399.

Quality install is the key. This place definitely has that. People come from several states away, but I guess one can afford it when their stable included several $100k+ vehicles. Must be nice...

We're both wrong. The $399 doesn't include any bumper. Just partial hood and fenders. You don't get the bumper until going to the $1000 package. And if you want full hood and fenders it's the $1999.

9D5yM4z.jpg

kxjSfaO.jpg

Back in 2013, there was about 3 of us whom said "Fudge it!!" Lets buy PPF kits and DIY. We all did it with good results.

At the time I had done 3 prior attempts at PPF. 2 were successful headlight kits and 1 failed attempt being my very first time. Now at the time this was my first time taking on a front end package.

One guy was in NJ with a black CX-5. He did his out doors in his apartment parking lot. His first time too. His photos looked good.

Forgot about the 3rd guy but I clearly remember there was at least 3 of us.

Here's a sample clip of taking bulk film costing no more than $30 and installing on the hood edge and fenders. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5fOMc6z6ts

Here's pre-cut film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjU3INHODBQ installed on a fender.

Quality install is the key. This place definitely has that. People come from several states away, but I guess one can afford it when their stable included several $100k+ vehicles. Must be nice...

Guy who wrapped my cars covers about a 5 state area, and comes to you. Pretty much exclusively does Viper, McLaren, the new NSX, and stuff like that. I've been very happy with his work. The next fun vehicle I get will also get a wrap.

Back