2022-2023 CX-5 Turbo Red grille accents?

veritas80

23' CX5 Turbo
:
SI, NY
Anyone know by chance if these are part of the entire grille assembly or are 4 separate red tabs? If they are separate, anyone know the part number? Hitting a dead end with searches.

Thanks!
Vin

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 1.08.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-10 at 1.08.41 PM.png
    158.8 KB · Views: 173
these fit 22 but says not 2023.....

(y) Thanks for pointing these out, i've seen those and they do fit my model year as well.
I'm looking for the OEM inserts in the picture and trying to see if the accents are painted, attached in some way or in fact separate parts from the grille.

Probably separate.....but the ones in your pic aren't right shape. Haven’t seen newer ones like that and turbos at dealer didn't have them. Maybe the signature has them already.

So only the 2022 & 2023 Turbo non signature with the piano black trim have them in the US. And they are only red. Some other countries have a few different colors on different models.

I did see a unit with the red jewels in the grille before. they were all red and there were 4 arranged in a diamond shape on the driver side of the grill. not sure what year or model it was. It was not the newer grille shaped ones. I am not sure how I feel about the red/blue mix of the ones in the link because the color mix looks like something for an M whatever BMW. If I had those I probably wouldn't even use the red one and then what would be the point. For that price there should be color choices IMO. I would do 4 of the blue ones to mimic the way the red oem ones come but not buying 4 sets of those to do so, lol......

my other question would be......are they red on all cars that have them? the car i saw with them was red. ours is blue so 4 blue would be what i would want.

So I found it after contacting the place I got my rear emblems from.
Its one red piece that attaches separately to the grille from the inside.
(y)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 8.08.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-07-11 at 8.08.59 PM.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 217
I love my little red “T”. It’s a small accent yet it differentiates me from the other 5 million CX5s in my region, just enough. When I mash the pedal, the T is self explanatory!

I think I'm just gonna do the lower grill inserts that match the upper grill......for now

Last edited:
Wish the chinese have the full size one for us that dont have front plates.
Its really nice addon to the Cx5

I think I'm just gonna do the lower grill inserts that match the upper grill......for now

Amazingly cheap for the bottom grill inserts.

They're on the way......should have them next month, lol......but I got windshield tint, door sills coming and need to decide on oem expensive mud flaps or some other version of them. After these 4 things will try to just leave it alone. Oh wait, still need cargo cover.....5 things

I was looking at the OEM mudflaps as well.

I wish Rally Armour had them for the 5. Seems like just the 3 gets all the cool stuff lol.

the non oem ones look to have screws to secure but those holes have what look to be pop fasteners there now so i'm not sure if they come with a threaded insert for the screws or not and would prefer flaps to have screws vs pop fasteners....still researching. Didn't find any wt no drill flaps for cx-5s

Wuddaya folks think about this as grille ornament?.......since i already have it and it is Mazda colors and the car is blue.....
20230714_083617.jpg

Drivers side, mid to lower corner or more upper corner where oem jewels are?

20230714_084237.jpg

I'll move it around and see but seems like it might just look like trash picked up on frwy down there.....then there's the saturation level with mods being reached by wife, lol......keep telling her just this much then done. I think I can sneak in the lower grilles without her noticing and/or just say it has been that way all along if she does cuz they match the upper but that ornament will attract her attention right away.....i may do both at same time so ornament distracts her from inserts. Not sure why she bucks me on making her car speicialer for her, lol.....not like i wanna lift it and put mud tires on it. That I would understand as a bit much

@veritas80

Were the tapped holes already in the grille? Do you have the Mazda part #? Could you expand on the install procedure please? I am hoping the Turbo and Turbo Signature use the same grille.

Back