12 INCHES from getting hit by SEMI

changedman

Banned
Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
I was driving home from the store and it was a 4 lane divided highway (55mph) I was going about 45, and the light 50 feet in front of me turns red. I am about to turn right onto a local road (2 lanes of straight traffic, one turn lane) apparently this semi going about 50mph was too busy with other things and i see his cabin coming right at me with a huge cloud of burnt rubber (STINKS) he started to jack knife and I tried as hard as i could (with the light being red) to pull ahead in the right lane. he stopped no more than 12" away from my bumper and the car next to me!! :mad:

STUPID ass truck driver! most of them are good drivers!

If he had hit me, it would have been huge- frame damage etc. lucky i saw it coming in my rear view and pulled up!! :eek:

thank God for the judgement he gave me!!!! :D :D

that's happened to me a few times...i now make it a habit to watch those pulling up behind me then look for my escape out of a possible accident....

You should've used yer NAWZ and propelled the car through the back of semi, creating an overly dramatic explosion while your car catapults into the trailer, landing on the pavement on the other side as it leaves a trail of overly bright sparks when your chassis completely bottoms out. All of this without doing any damage to your car, of course. :D

Seriously though, that'd be scary as hell. Congrats on avoiding it.

Damn close man, glad everything came out alright.

But as mention above I also always look out behind me and leave atleast 1-2 car lengths behind any car in front of me in case I need to get away. Once I get about 4-5 cars behind me then I'll move up on the car in front of me.

So did he fully jack-knife or just slide to a stop?

he didnt fully jack knife, he started though, the cab started coming my way in a circular direction... he drove outta it,

scary as hell!!
whew!! TGIF!

pdhaudio said:
he didnt fully jack knife, he started though, the cab started coming my way in a circular direction... he drove outta it,

scary as hell!!
whew!! TGIF!

TGIF! (Amen to that!!!) It makes you realize just how serious a business driving really is, doesn't it. Anything can happen, at any time.

Something VERY similar happened to me a couple weeks ago. Traffic was backed up at one of the exits on the highway, so I was in the right lane in line to exit. I looked in my rear-view and saw this semi lock up his brakes like 50 feet back! I was too close to the car in front of me to pull to either side, so the semi ended up going onto the shoulder, except we were on a bridge so there was only like 10 feet between my car and the guardrail! But somehow he ended up going by on the right, and the front tires of the trailer ended up about even with the front of my car. That really shook me up badly, since I really thought he was going to crush me up against the other car. Ugh.

t3ase said:
You should've used yer NAWZ and propelled the car through the back of semi, creating an overly dramatic explosion while your car catapults into the trailer, landing on the pavement on the other side as it leaves a trail of overly bright sparks when your chassis completely bottoms out. All of this without doing any damage to your car, of course. :D

Seriously though, that'd be scary as hell. Congrats on avoiding it.
(rofl) (rofl)

I got hit by one...

Luckily only the tail lens got cracked and the rear quarter panel got scratched a little leading up to the tail light..

We were both making lefts (2 lane left) to a 4 lane street, I was to his right, and I knew the b**** would screw up some how, so I drove straight out and a sharp left to the 4th lane. The fucker then hit me, we pulled over, and he said he didn't feel a thing, duhh, um 50+ tonne, puching a 1.5 tonne car.

So if you make a left, watch out for semi's on your left, they are jackasses..

Luckily it was more of a push than a real hit..

I've seen a taurus pushed perpendicular to a truck, freaky...

Luckily it's not my P5 (still haven't gotten it yet, 16 more days..)

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 75
Back